Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

AI Round Robin Brainstorming

Hey, everyone!

This is me, your friendly neighborhood moderator Naaga, bringing in the discussion of Round Robin to be done using an AI.

Yes, AI. This initiative is being taken because we have many members who want to participate in traditional RR but don't feel confident in their writing and feel excluded from it. Now, here's your chance. With a decent AI, you can give voice to your ideas.

The RR which we are gonna do is called "Truth or Dare Night" and there are two potential versions, a Professor one between Professors Snape, McGonagall, Flitwick, Hagrid, Dumbledore etc or a student one between Slytherin students of Draco's class.

Reply what idea you feel is better for us to proceed and feel free to ask any questions regarding AI RR.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

I am up for Professor-based Truth or Dare. Imagining Severus playing it is more funny than imagining some snobby Slytherin pureblood doing it. Also, except for Draco's gang, we don't know much about other Slytherins from canon besides their names, so they are basically OCs, which is harder for both writers and AI to write for.

Heatherlly, Naaga and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

As for timeline of Round Robin, I'm considering it in The Chamber of Secrets or The Prisoner of Azkanan. Former gives us Lockhart to make fun of and latter gives us Lupin for interesting interactions.

What would you like guys?

Krystal, Dark Angel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

Hey guys, how was your experience in Truth or Dare Night RR, did you like it and had fun?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyusSam

You already know my thoughts on AI writing so there's no need repeating them. That aside, it's fun responding to other people's ideas and it did remind me of my RPG days. Arguing with ChatGPT can be fun as well 😂

I personally loved how @salvyus took a very small detail from my post and expanded it into Mrs. Norris' participation.

All in all, the AI generated writing definitely cannot be compared to an actual writer's skill and creativity but I thought it was a nice opportunity for those of us who are less versed in the English language or those who are too busy with real life and their own stories to participate in the writing activities on the site.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam

It was definitely fun to see what everyone would come up with, and what ChatBots are capable of. I think I can now safely say I can distinguish AI text from original stories. ChatGPT certainly has an affinity for the whimsical, dances (better yet a combination of both), eruptions of laughter and unnecessary appositive phrases 😂 An interesting experience for sure.

Glad you saw the connection, @darkangel <3

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySMSam

Well, I did have some fun. I would like to participate in non-AI RRs next time, because I agree with the sentiment that AI uses certain words and phrases repeatedly which can get on your nerves after a while.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam