Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Behind the Scenes: The Gestaltation of Severus Snape

Page 1 of 2Next

As I continue to write "The Gestaltation of Severus Snape", I find that what I originally had in mind for the plot has changed to quite a degree. I thought that, with that, I would post this topic so that readers could ask me questions about what I've written about the fic (and related fics) so far, whether writing choices or if certain plot points went down how I originally envisioned them.

I won't be giving spoilers away, but I'd be more than happy to answer any questions or clear up any confusion based on what's currently posted.

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga

What exactly you had in mind for the plot because you changed it (without spoiling current plotline) ?

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal

The basic outline of the plot is the same as what I imagined originally on a very grand scale; there's quite a bit of detail that changed over time.

One example of this, and the most blatant change, is what happens in Act II, Chapter 13: Red. Originally, Severus was indeed going to snap, but under different circumstances; instead of the final product, Severus was going to be lured by Regulus and Peter (that's a whole plotline I cut) to the same place where James and Lily were on their date, and he was going to attack James, only to be stopped by Sirius and Marlene, who were hiding off to the side. So, while there was a Valentine's Day incident, it was far less noble and more of a culmination of Severus's prolonged stress.

KrystalNaaga

I like the current change and agree with your reason for changing it.

Are you going to make Snape more involved in Slytherin? I didn't like it when he basically cut all the ties to Slytherin mates, I get staying away from Mulciber's gang but he shouldn't stay away from his whole house just for Lily who keeps finding ways to blame him.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Motanul Negru have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul Negru

While I can't give an exact answer for that to avoid spoilers, I can say that, given what's just happened, the odds of his housemates bothering him again are close to zero

KrystalNaaga

Of course, after latest incident.

Are marauder gonna get their comeuppance?

Without too many spoilers, I think you'll be satisfied with how Act II ends; I'm currently writing and finishing up the biggest scene they have in Act II

KrystalNaaga

I'm excited for it.

Do you have redemption arcs planned for some characters?

I do, actually. One that I've placed a few bits for is Marlene, who I wrote to be the end result of what Lily would have been had she not given Severus another chance after SWM; this is mainly due to the motivations and mentality I wrote for her, as her Gryffindor tribalism influences her loyalty to her friends to an extreme, much like Sirius.

KrystalNaaga

Let's see how it goes because Marlene is currently my most hated character outside of marauders in the fic.

Page 1 of 2Next