Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 8 of 20Next

I liked the idea of Princes descending from Mordred a lot @darkangel and it's upto Snape to redeem them. Kudos, if @bolstark have Merlin or Arthur giving Excalibur or Avalon to Snape.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelBol_Stark
Quote from Naaga on July 15, 2023, 8:21 am

I liked the idea of Princes descending from Mordred a lot @darkangel and it's upto Snape to redeem them. Kudos, if @bolstark have Merlin or Arthur giving Excalibur or Avalon to Snape.

I agree!
I liked @darkangel idea a lot and also believe that reading on Arthurian legend will help me with ideas and inspiration.

The idea of Snape redeeming the Prince name through his deeds is also really nice.

Hmm, I will definitely start reading on Arthurian legend now.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

If you went down the path that the Prince name is through his connection to Arthur, Mordred is said to have had two sons (one named Melehan), who were both killed during the conflict between Arthur and Mordred. It's unknown if either son had any children, but you could work off of that

Heatherlly, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelBol_Stark
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 15, 2023, 3:54 pm

If you went down the path that the Prince name is through his connection to Arthur, Mordred is said to have had two sons (one named Melehan), who were both killed during the conflict between Arthur and Mordred. It's unknown if either son had any children, but you could work off of that

I'm right now reading up on the topic and definitely find the idea interesting and intriguing.

Somehow I feel like it would give an interesting side plot to the story, especially Sev wanting to find out more about his families past.
It might also be a way of how he does meet his grandfather or is found by his grandfather.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

I'm doing a one-shot for one of the Challenges here and I can't help but think I'm forcing a scene and making things cringe and potentially rushing an ending. I don't want to elongate it beyond 4k for my own sanity but as the story is now I'm not sure it would be an enjoyable read.

Any pointers?

Which challenge is it for?

HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 16, 2023, 3:52 pm

Which challenge is it for?

Unwilling Gift. Challenge 6.

What's the basic outline for it?

HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on July 16, 2023, 4:24 pm

What's the basic outline for it?

I'm just going to post it as is. If you read it you can give me feedback on how to improve. I'm frustrated with it already.

Hey 🙂 Here I'm again with a new Idea 😀

At the beginning it was just a small idea for a OS but as I talked @jaysm and @darkangel on Discord about it, it just became bigger and bigger. Thank you both at this point for your ideas and input!

I have just finished formulating the Idea for the fic from our communication and hope it does make sense for everyone, if not you can always ask.

Fic Idea:

At the beginning of Severus sixth year at Hogwarts their new DADA teacher is introduces, Catherine Fawley.
Catherine is highly decorated and respected Auror, she also was the Auror that trained Alastor Moody. For days the students talked about their new teacher, excited to learn from someone like Cath.

What surprises the sixth years is when Catherine seems to have a special interest in Severus, demonstrating nearly everything with him and giving him the chance to showcase his skills. She even gives him private advanced lesson. It doesn’t take long for whispers about Severus being her favorite student to start.

Severus always wanted that a teacher does give him some attention and recognition, but now that he gets it he somehow is skeptic about it. Why should their famous DADA teacher chose him? Even Slughorn seemed to be more interested in Lily than him.

Catherine is very protective and doesn’t like it if someone is treated unfairly, this combined with her knowledge of what had been going on over the course of the last five years had coursed her to develop a soft spot for Severus. That is also the reason why she does keep an eye on him whenever she could, through that she also catches the Marauders more than once.

This does also lead to Catherine publicly standing up to Albus Dumbledore and Minerva McGonagall as she can’t accept their “It is just a prank” attitude.

With everything that is going on at Hogwarts Catherine still does never forget her main mission: Severus and Lily.

As she thinks that being blunt won’t be very effective with Lily she decides to instead tell her little bits about her life. She starts with her time at Hogwarts and how she met this sweet boy. She tells her how they became friends and how she ended the friendship over a petty fight because she listened to her housemates. And how she met him again years later and found happiness, finally.

During the school year Catherine’s personality suddenly changes, something that Sev and Lily do quickly notice and gets them worried, they havedeveloped a bond with their teacher. Their worry does bring them to work together, going to the only other teacher they both trust, Horace Slughorn.

After some time Horace realizes that there is only one thing that can have such an impact on Catherine and so he tells Sev and Lily about his worst failure, answering Riddles question.

And with this the hunt for the Horcrux does start, knowing that they need to find and destroy it soon.

Background Idea for Catherine “Cath” Fawley-Slughorn: 

Catherine has red hair and brown eyes.

Horace and her met as first year students in Hogwarts, where they were partnered in potions class. Even back then Cath was already taller than Horace.

Out of the potions partnership they developed a friendship that people looked oddly at, with her being a Gryffindor while Horace was a Slytherin.

During their seventh year they had a bad fight that caused the end of their friendship even after Horace asked her to forgive him.

After graduating from Hogwarts she became an Auror. During a raid she was badly wounded, three scars are now running diagonally over her face and she was lucky to not have lost an eye.

Knowing that her rehab would be time consuming she decided to work on her potions mastery during the time.

The ministry organized for her a place within an apothecary and that is how she met Horace again.

Slowly they rekindled their friendship and allowed themselves to let it be more.

After she got her potions mastery she decided to drop out of her old job as an Auror and mainly worked in the Apothecary Horace and her shared since their wedding.

Cath had never planned to become a teacher, but after she heard that the favorite students of Horace - that also had become hers from all her husband had told her about them - had a bad fallout she decided that she couldn’t simply accept that another you woman might throw away her happiness over a petty fight.

Looking forward to your feedback 🙂

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
PreviousPage 8 of 20Next