Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Chatroom (Snail Version)

PreviousPage 4 of 10Next

Anyone have pets?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

Used to have a Shih Tsu, but she passed away in Sep '22. Managed to make it to 16 years old

Krystal, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on November 3, 2023, 3:21 pm

Used to have a Shih Tsu, but she passed away in Sep '22. Managed to make it to 16 years old

I’m sorry for your loss.

I’ve heard of that particular dog breed in passing. I’ve never encountered someone actually having one as an animal companion. Was she well-tempered?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSam

She was a very people-oriented dog, and she was very enthusiastic about getting her food up until the final leg of her life.

KrystalNaagaJaySMSalvyusSam

@thegestaltprince

I have animal companions. Some have collars some don’t. The normal ones that have collars are my dogs. Siberian Husky and Labrador Retriever. My lab works. She’s a duck hunter but she needs to work on her soft mouth. My husky is complainy dog. I tried to have him sled a few years ago but he resisted the training. He’s a good therapy dog though. I have a Manx cat who asks more dog than my husky. He’s feisty. Then there are outside cats. I don’t know where they come from but they like to eat the mice in my area. They are not tame so I can’t put collars on them. I also have a family of squirrels. One gave birth not too long ago on my stairs of all places and left me with her son. I call him tree puppy. Sadly, he had started to seize within three days and passed away. I still have no idea what was wrong with him. The wildlife rescue I took him to said there was nothing wrong with him earlier that day.

I also have a herd of does that see the property as a safe haven. I don’t let the males rut here so they females leave to go find mates and come back here to give birth. I only put collars on them if I have to take them to wildlife rescue only during emergency. They don’t like car rides all that much and run at first opportunity. The collar doesn’t do anything but identify them if they get hit so I know not to look for them.

All the rest of animals on the ground are wild but are just accustomed to me. I don’t hunt on my own property so they there was never anything they had to fear from me. Because so many preys live here during winter time we get an increase of predators. I have deterrents but if they’re desperate they’ll get past it.

I have somewhat trained the birds here out of boredom to stick around and target pest so they don’t mess with my nursery. I don’t count the frogs, lizards or snakes. They stick around for the water during late spring and summer time. I don’t see them as frequently to establish a relationship.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeSalvyusSam

Tree Puppy

Kind of looks like a tree puppy, right?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeSalvyusSam

Guess I’m just gonna throw it in here now…

I think so far the list for the RR poll is pretty well stacked and interesting. Anyone already having a favorite?

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSam
Quote from Bol_Stark on November 3, 2023, 4:03 pm

I think so far the list for the RR poll is pretty well stacked and interesting. Anyone already having a favorite?

I’m interested in your story The Lioness and the Cub and the premise of Severus as Minister.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSam

I'll see if I can get the go-ahead for the poll

KrystalNaagaJaySMBol_StarkSam
Quote from JaySM on November 3, 2023, 4:05 pm
Quote from Bol_Stark on November 3, 2023, 4:03 pm

I’m interested in your story The Lioness and the Cub and the premise of Severus as Minister.

Well, we can work on that even if it doesn’t win the poll. 🙂

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySMSam
PreviousPage 4 of 10Next