Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Discussion: Fandom Baby Names Is It Wrong?

hmm... you're guys thoughts?

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Sam have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSam

I'm sorry that I don't have the attention span for a 45 minute long video (😅) but I used to work in child protection and we had far too many children in care with "fandom names" for me to be okay with it.

It's a generalisation for sure, but it's taken as a sign of the parents' (im)maturity on our end. That aside, you're asking your child to be bullied.

It's a shame as some names are quite nice, and it's obviously a character that means a lot to you if you'd name your child as such, but I'd consider how the name would be received by everyone else and what you're potentially putting your child through if you use one.

Maybe keep it for a pet.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SamZombiePotter04

In my honest opinion, naming your child after some fictional character is quite cringe. Not only are you proving yourself to be incapable of being a functioning adult, but you're also putting your child potentially at the risk of being mocked or bullied once they start going to school or high school. And as BitterBrit said, keep those names for pets if you must.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Robaku90 have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90
Quote from Sam on May 12, 2024, 9:39 am

In my honest opinion, naming your child after some fictional character is quite cringe. Not only are you proving yourself to be incapable of being a functioning adult, but you're also putting your child potentially at the risk of being mocked or bullied once they start going to school or high school. And as BitterBrit said, keep those names for pets if you must.

I agree.

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga