Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Favorite Core Class at Hogwarts

If you had to pick a favorite subject (to study/teach), which would you choose?
Astronomy
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration

This is a little tougher than I had anticipated:

• Astronomy: seems tedious to me, although it might be useful for astrology signs.
  • Charms: pretty fun and wand-intensive.
  • DADA: can be dangerous and sorta blends multiple disciplines relating to the Dark Arts.
  • Herbology: the plants move around... nope.
  • History of Magic: wouldn't want to study it, but it'd be easy to teach. Just have to open a history book and read off of it.
  • Potions: as much as I love Snape, Potions would be a nightmare for me.
  • Transfiguration: same as Potions, but with wand-waving.

Probably going with DADA

Heatherlly, mmlf and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfKrystal

Wow, this is tough. I'm going to try ranking mine from most to least favorite.

1. History of Magic. I know the professor is boring, but I am an absolute history nerd.
  2. Charms. Definitely sounds like the most fun out of the core classes.
  3. Potions. My attention to detail borders on obsessive, which I'm sure would help in this class.
  4. Transfiguration. I know it's one of the hardest classes, but imagine the potential.
  5. Herbology. While I'd be disturbed by the more dangerous plants, I do enjoy growing things.
  6. DADA. Depends on the teacher, but yeah, this one's a little scary.
  7. Astronomy. Rating this lowest mainly because it seems uninteresting. Also, it doesn't quite fit with the other classes… are we ever given a specific reason as to why it's even taught at Hogwarts?
mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal
  1. History of Magic: Without question. Especially anything to do with the Middle Ages. I would end up like Charles Dickens at one of his public readings: getting so worked up that I fell into a dead faint. That might keep the class awake.
  2. Astronomy: It may well be that Hogwarts students take astronomy classes for the astrological signs, as GS mentioned. This is a further stretch, but the physics of stars may be useful in a world where you can conjure up non-physical bodies such as a Patronus. Anyway, I love astrophysics, so I would enjoy this.
  3. Charms: I have no opinion on this.
  4. Potions: Meh. I would prefer the theory to the practice.
  5. Transfiguation: Could be cool.
  6. Defence Against the Dark Arts: Get Harry to do it.
Heatherlly and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystal

Charms because it has the spellwork which has the most variety of the spells, has a large scope in career and seems a fun subject

Heatherlly, mmlf and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt Prince

Potions because I love cooking and chemistry and I leave my explanation at that.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal