Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Favorite Severus Snape friendships?

Choose among these your favourite Severus Snape friendships(you can choose multiple)?
Severus Snape & Minerva McGonagall
Severus Snape & Lucius Malfoy
Severus Snape & Albus Dumbledore
Severus Snape & Lord Voldemort/Tom Riddle
Severus Snape & Narcissa Malfoy
Severus Snape & Regulus Black
Severus Snape & Lily Evans Potter
Severus Snape & Mulciber & Avery
Severus Snape & Remus Lupin
Severus Snape & Harry Potter
Severus Snape & Hermione Granger
Severus Snape & Sirius Black
Severus Snape & Argus Filch
Severus Snape & Pomona Sprout
Severus Snape & Filius Flitwick
Severus Snape & Irma Pince
Severus Snape & Charity Burbage
Severus Snape & Aurora Sinistra
Severus Snape & Eileen Prince
Severus Snape & Tobias Snape
Severus Snape & Petunia Dursley
Severus Snape & James Potter
Severus Snape & Luna Lovegood
Severus Snape & Poppy Pomfrey
Severus Snape & Rubeus Hagrid
Severus Snape & Bathsheda Babbling
Severus Snape & Cuthbert Binns
Severus Snape & Horace Slughorn
Severus Snape & Rolanda Hooch
Severus Snape & Septima Vector
Severus Snape & Silvanus Kettleburn
Severus Snape & Sybil Trelawney
Severus Snape & Loneliness
Others
Page 1 of 2Next

Which among these are your favourite Severus Snape friendships both canon and fanon? You can choose multiple options and feel free to elaborate upon them.

mmlf and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt Prince

My favorite *platonic* Severus relationship to read are fics where he is cordial to Harry, whether because he fills a (non-biological) parental role, mentorship or where they are on more equal footing (post-war or Marauder-era fics). However I don't really much care for their canon relationship. One thing I feel about the canon one is missed potential -- I always felt that if Severus was more accepting of Harry's nature (maybe he was able to move on in a way he wasn't in canon), that their personalities fit rather well, with shared interests and behaviour to a point.

I always liked to see portrayal of Snape's relationship with the Malfoys. In canon, Malfoy are selfish blood purists that don't care if they hurt people as long as they're able to get ahead. I like to see fics portraying the Malfoys dealing with people they actually happen to like, while at the same time preserving all their bad attributes in canon and not whitewashing them.

As for Lily, I always preferred romantic Snily over platonic versions of them in fics. Part of this is because fics that *don't* pair her with Snape but where she features prominently tend to ship her with James pretty much by default, something that I am not really comfortable with at all (honestly, I feel that she could have done better than *both* of them in canon context). Another part is because I like to cut Snape a break in Marauder-era fics, I've mentioned in the past that I always preferred Marauder-era fics where Snape manages to make a life for himself in spite of the prejudice. I do love pre-Hogwarts oneshots where Severus and Lily is doing adorable kid stuff though, witnessing scenes where Snape was *genuinely happy* and mostly unburdened by his life's cruelities. I don't think he ever truly had such moments once Hogwarts took away the idea of being a true safe haven.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I have chosen Severus Snape and Hermione Granger.

'Of course, it became apparent to me very quickly that he had no extraordinary talent at all. He has fought his way out of a number of tight corners by a simple combination of sheer luck and more talented friends.'

[HP VI, Chapter 2, page 27]

Largely on the basis that Severus Snape values intelligence, and a mature Hermione would be a good intellectual match. It's curious that Hermione manages to withstand Snape's often unpleasant remarks without resorting to Harry's bitterness and deep dislike. This makes me believe that in a different context, they could get along better. Perhaps, for example, if Hermione had been sorted into Ravenclaw, as was almost the case.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Clearly, the person who made this list is mistaken. I have (thankfully) never been friends with most of these people.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

A girl can dream, right !!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Severus Snape have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSeverus Snape

Why would you dream of me being "friends" with the Dark Lord?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Quote from Severus Snape on April 1, 2023, 2:12 am

Why would you dream of me being "friends" with the Dark Lord?

Might be a ship thing?

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga

Because you need all the friends you can get, Severus 🤣

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Giant Squid should be an option, Lily once considered dating him 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I apologise for not including him, I figured Severus would've hated him for being ahead of him in Lily's dating list 😉

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Page 1 of 2Next