Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Favourite Location(s) in the 'Harry Potter' Universe?

What Are Your Favourite Locations in the 'Harry Potter' Universe?
Hogwarts
Hogsmeade
The Burrow
Number 12, Grimmauld Place
The Ministry of Magic
Spinner's End
Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, or Other

Harry Potter Universe

Pick your favourite locations in the Harry Potter universe via the poll bove. Multiple responses allowed! Then let us know why you chose it/them by starting a discussion below!

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

Hogwarts, for obvious reasons. Hogsmeade because I love the idea of an entire Magical village.

Also, I chose Spinner's End. Not that I think it was anything spectacular (it obviously wasn't), but it's such an integral part of Snape's life, both who he was as a child and who he grew up to be.

Honorable mention for Diagon Alley. It wasn't mentioned in the poll, but it always seemed like a fascinating place!

mmlf has reacted to this post.
mmlf

How could I have forgotten Diagon Alley? It is my dream location to visit, not least for the bookshops! I have now added this and Knockturn Alley to the poll, alongside 'Other'.

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

For me Diagon's Alley and Hogwarts. I loved the description of those places since the Philosopher's stone and those places remain my favourite since then for representing the splendor, mystery and attraction of the Wizarding World.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

I love Hogwarts because it's a whole castle and I really enjoy occupying my imagination by thinking about what it would actually be like to live there - the tiny staircases, the drafty corridors. The smell of damp earth in the dungeons. Having to find your way around as an 11 year old. I think it's a fabulous, terrifying place.

I also picked 'other' because I actually really like Azkaban. It terrifies me, it was such a powerful location. You really feel the bleak hopelessness, the despair. To me it really feels like the worst sort of medieval dungeon - more of an oubliette than a prison.

Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince

I went with same options for the similar reasons as @kris

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal