Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

hello! 🫶💫

hello everyone, i am new here!!! i found this site linked on pinterest so i was curious and im excited so far 🙂

i have been on wattpad for a decade. ik, ik i need to make the switch to ao3, but the familiarity of wattpad is so comforting to me lol. send me some good snape fanfics on ao3 that will convince me to switch over?!!

speaking of snape, i’m currently working on a fic rn!! i posted about it in one of the other threads if you’d like to check it out. my username on wattpad is sonofasnitch-x.

i like to read Snape fics with mostly OCs that are around the same age. not a big fan of teacher/student, which is unfortunate bc there’s a lot of them lol. but other than that i’m open!

so excited to get to interact more here <3

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusSam

Welcome! We're really happy to have you. 🙂

I know very little about Wattpad (never used it), but I can tell you that AO3 is wonderful. I can't personally give you any recommendations as I'm not into Snape/OC, but you should definitely check out our recommendations subforum. You'll find lots of great recommendations in there, many of which come from AO3 .

As for this community… feel free to check out our new member welcome guide if you haven't already, and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSamSonofaSnitch

Welcome into the fold @sonofasnitch. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'd enjoy your time here.

It's awesome to see you are writing an Snape/OC fic because it's my favourite genre and like you, I also prefer SnOC with OC being similar aged to Snape.

I urge you to check out the Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/OC) and as our Headmistress said, a lot of them came from A03 and I'd urge to publish your fic also on A03 because most of the Snape fandom is far more active on A03 and you'd get better visibility and reviews on your work.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

Again, welcome to Always Snape and we'd love your participation in the community. Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyusSamSonofaSnitch

Welcome to the site @sonofasnitch! Happy to have you join the community.

You're missing out on something if you're avoiding ao3, I tell ya.

Wattpad has an interesting interface but I noticed that most people over there are also younger so for us older fans (*cough* millennials *cough*) it is rather difficult to find something that speaks to us. FF.net has some gems but it's so ancient and lacks a tag system which makes finding good stories rather difficult. Ao3 has more mature content and is easier to navigate. As Heatherlly already mentioned, I urge you to check out our recommendations and our Story archive to find some OC stories. @sanctuaryangel is also a Snape/OC writer, maybe check out her work?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll like it here. Feel free to add your two cents to discussions as well!

HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSamSonofaSnitch

Welcome, @sonofasnitch! The good thing about you being on... Wattpad... is that you can probably recommend fics no one has ever heard of before, so I hope you do that 😀

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSamSonofaSnitch

Thank you all so much!!! Those links are so helpful.

That is a good thought, I hope to get all of my works published on Ao3 eventually, maybe that’ll happen in 2024 haha. As an older gen-z, I am finding I relate less to the audience on Wattpad however there still are a few good ones and I’ll be sure to link them for you all in the recommendations threads soon!

HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

A belated welcome from me. Hope you enjoy your stay here. Feel free to check every other thread and also join the discord server if you can.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Welcome @sonofasnitch!! Yay for a fellow Snape/OC fan 🥰 and a same age partner - my style.

Thank you for the shoutout, @darkangel! Sorry I missed this tag! X

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

(A very late) welcome to you @sonofasnitch . Have you been able to migrate over to A03, and are you working on anything new?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus