Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hello, I'm back!

Hello everyone!

After finishing Severus Snape and the Art of War (which I started writing nearly a decade ago!) I left fanfiction for a while. During that time a new story had been gnawing at me, and now I'm back to work on another major project. This time an HP/LOTR crossover revolving around Snily (as always).

I'm hoping to find a lot of new Snape related material that I've missed out on in my absence.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceFIQNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

First, can I just say that I absolutely love Art of War; it was the very first fanfic I've ever read and got me into the fanfiction community. I've been following Kemya very closely as well.

Welcome to the site and the community! Check out this subforum for a general introduction to the site, and feel free to check out our other subforums and threads, whether just about Snape or about the Potterverse in general. We also have a creative section where people can post their works, take part in Round Robins, or participate in writing challenges.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Thank you so much for that! 🙂 I didn't know that it was my fic that brought you into the fanfiction community, so I'm happy to learn that you've been able to stick around all this time.
Looking back on Art of War, there's tons of stuff I would've done differently this time around, but I can forgive my 10 year younger self for being a lot more angsty and less experienced in life. I hope to have a more mature approach this time while writing Kémya.

I'll go take a look at all the other stuff that's happening around the site. I think it's going to be fun to be back.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Welcome into the fold @cypresswand. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'd enjoy your time here.

Interesting to know you are a writer, having written fics and writers are always appreciated among our community.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

Again, welcome to Always Snape and we'd love your participation in the community. Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyus

Welcome! We're absolutely thrilled to have you back. 🙂

Harry Potter/Lord of the Rings crossover? That sounds intriguing. Would love to hear more details!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusCypressWand

Welcome @cypresswand! We are so happy to have you! It's always great to have another creative talent join us.

We also have Weekly Snape Discussions and Harry Potter Discussions we'd love your input if you're interested and have time, feel free to respond to previously discussed topics; they're all listed on the first page.

I hope you enjoy your time here. ❤

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

@heatherlly
Kémya is a Snily centric story that starts at the beginning of their 7th year at Hogwarts.
I didn't want to do a time-travel story this time around and instead wanted to find a way that would bring them back together as friends (to lovers much later) in the original timeline.
Since the lore of Tolkien's work is much deeper than Rowling's there is a lot of material to work with that I used to make an overlap. I created a Fourth Ring of Power, which Severus and Lily discover when they are at the bottom of the Great Lake whilst searching for potion ingredients. It takes them to separate places in Middle-earth, where they will have to learn to adapt and find a way to get back together.
Their disappearance also off-sets a chain of events back in the wizarding world, meaning that the story chapters shift between what is happening in Middle-earth and back home.
It's very complex, layered, and a lot of fun to write.

I'm currently working on chapter 32 and a 116k words in. If you'd like, the first four chapters really establish Lily and Severus as characters in the way that I wanted to portray them. If you like those I'm sure you'd like the rest 🙂 https://archiveofourown.org/works/22468447/chapters/53686165

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

Wow, that must be very complex! I have never read the LoTR books, but I understand there's a whole depth of lore within them. I don't have the guts to do a crossover, so I always admire anyone who can! Good luck with it all!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusCypressWand