Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hi! - Introduction from SerenaEW

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi everyone!

I'm Serena (she/her, SerenaEW about anywhere) and it's amazing to be here! I'm in my mid-20s and a med student in Continental Europe.

In fandom, I'm a writer, (fic and poetry) and do small amounts of different art types (calligraphy / lettering, filk / (fan)music, including singing / songwriting / fluting, podficcing / narration).

Anyone who may know my work will know that I like angst a ton, and Severus is about the ideal character for any sort of angst. I also like to mash up the strangest things in my writing, and like to worldbuild around minimal details. And as you can see, I like to ramble about my things so you can sometimes find me writing rather long metas with hyper-convoluted, overblown sentences as well.

I like Severitus, Snily and Snarry (excluding anything incest), but have also created stuff for SnOC, and you can drag me into many genres / ships and a lot of fandoms if you're looking for a podficcer or filker.

I'm on AO3, tumblr, discord, and inactive on DW, LJ, and ffn.

My WIP list is over 40 elements long, but right now (11/11/2023), I'm concentrating on

Alright, I think that's it. I'm very often up for a chat, if only to procrastinate my thesis XD

Thanks for reading this, and cheers!

Serena

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

We are so happy to have you!

And I'm impressed with your many talents *knocks on wood* and as a medical student! Those are usually notorious for not having a life due to their workload. Kudos to you for managing such a great work/life balance.

I think you already have, but in case you haven't, kindly do take the time and read through the rules.

Perhaps one or more of your upcoming projects would fit into our Writing challenges?

Or they may serve as inspiration for more 😅

Would you like to share your finished projects on our Story Archive ?

And just for fun, you could share your Wand and Patronus with us as well?

If you have any questions or need help, do not hesitate to contact the professors or our esteemed headmistress 🥰 you can either post any questions or concerns in this thread or PM us.

Happy to have you here and enjoy yourself!

HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyusSamSerena

Thank you!

Rules are read and registered, thank you.

Wand: This time, Silver Lime wood with a unicorn hair core, 13 ¾ and slightly yielding flexibility.

Patronus: I know I got "grey squirrel" once, and a friend of that time commented that it fits me really well cause I am low-key hyperactive whenever I have the energy.

It's not much "so many talents" but more "being very good at procrastinating until a blink of an eye after the last moment" XD Still. Thank you. I take a lot of enjoyment from fandom and am so honoured by how encouraging people are.

Oh! Lemme look into them some more!

Um... Wait. I think it might be... Copied from my tumblr introduction, the set of my masterlists that is being updated semi-frequently.

Poetry | Podfic | Filk | Meta

Also, one thing: I may start pestering people occasionally to add a transformative works statement to to their profile (whether you allow art, podfic, craft, secondary fanfics, music etc. on the base of your fanworks). Let me know if I should either shut up about that or yall want to know more.

<3

oh and btw:

• my dark/smutty ALT is EleanorPhoenix, in case you ever stumble across her.
  • I will not be giving a house because I got each of the houses at least once in different tests. (On most HP servers, I do identify myself as Hufflepuff.)

Welcome into the fold @serenaew. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'd enjoy your time here.

It's incredible knowing your numerous talents and as a fellow medico, happy to have another medico on board.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

Also can you your wand, patronus and house in their respective threads, we'd love it there to compare.

Again, welcome to Always Snape and we'd love your participation in the community. Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyusSamSerena

Another medico!! YAAAY! HELLOOO!

I got through the links but lmk if I forgot anything!

It's lovely to be here!

Welcome to the cul...community Serena. Happy to have you here. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSerena

Welcome, @serenaew! Hope Sam hasn't scared you yet. Apart from some plans for kidnapping, we're really quite tame. Looking forward to any angsty recommendations/self-promotion you might have.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSamSerena

Is it really kidnapping though? Think about it. One gets free shelter, free food and plenty of time to write stories. Even the occasional hugs and headpats to keep them motivated. I'd call it the best thing imaginable. You have nothing to worry about, except writing stories. Sure, one could argue it's a gilded cage. But is it really such a bad thing? Compared to the lawlessness and the chaos unfolding elsewhere, is a life full of order and knowing one's right place such a travesty? Praise be to, Lord Asmodeus.

Ahem, disregard all this. Don't be worried, we're all very welcoming to everyone. We might not agree on some things, but we are respectful to each other's beliefs, no matter how w....Right...Scratch this part. But, yeah. Welcome to the community 🙂

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSerena

Nah, kidnapping me is a desire quite a few writer friends have expressed in the past so 😁

... Also, I just realised I wrote Snaily instead of Snily 😂😂😂😂... Oops.

Thanks again for the enthusiastic welcome!

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam
Page 1 of 2Next