Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Hogwarts Houses of the characters with unknown canon house

Page 1 of 2Next

This thread is for discussing the houses for characters whose house were not known from the canon. I would keep a list here and keep updating when we reach consensus for the house of that particular character.

Barty Crouch Jr: Ravenclaw

Alastor Moody: Hufflepuff

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

First character I discuss is Barty Crouch Jr. I believe him to be a Ravenclaw for the reasons I mentioned in another thread. Another possible house for him can be Slytherin. What are your thoughts about it?

Maybe the best person to start with is Barty Crouch Jr. He's got the intellect of a Ravenclaw, the cunning of a Slytherin, and the work ethic of a Hufflepuff.

EDIT: @naaga We're sharing the same two braincells lol

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

I put him in Ravenclaw because he was definitely not a suspect before Karkaroff's testimony. If he was a Slytherin, people wouldn't been surprised after that reveal. It also takes away from All Slytherin are evil nonsense. He was a high achiever so that point also favours a Ravenclaw.

He could've been a Hufflepuff too but his traits favour a Ravenclaw house.

Quote from The Gestalt Prince on May 10, 2023, 2:33 am

EDIT: @naaga We're sharing the same two braincells lol

😹😹

If I had to guess, I would say he could have been a hatstall between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw, but ultimately chose Ravenclaw. Another Hufflepuff trait is loyalty, and of all Death Eaters, he was one of the most loyal to the cause.

HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Yeah, dude was fanatic when most of the old guard outside the Azkaban were chilling out in their comfortable lives. Voldemort also thought him quite loyal unlike Pettigrew who got scorn even after he revived Voldemort and cut his own hand.

Another character to be considered is Alastor Moody. Many fics have him as Gryffindor but I headcanon him as a Hufflepuff because he was also quite loyal to the cause. It also takes away from All Gryffindors are good nonsense.

Ngl, I had him placed in Gryffindor in my current fic, but thinking about it, Hufflepuff is more likely. Dude's too paranoid to be a Gryffindor

HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Yeah, he lacked the characteristic Recklessness of the Gryffindors and often criticised it.

Page 1 of 2Next