Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Which Hogwarts Pet Would You Choose?

Owl, cat, or toad?
Owl
Cat
Toad
Other (definitely bending the rules, probably illegal)
Page 1 of 2Next

I'd probably go for an owl for the sake of delivering mail and having a pet that can fly free and hunt its own food without me having to feed it too much.

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Definitely a cat. I'd want a pet I could cuddle with on those cold Scottish nights. ❤

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

A half-Kneazle like Crookshanks. I liked him as a pet in the books and want to get something similar. He was an intelligent pet so I don't have to worry much about feeding him.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

My grandparents owned cats while they still lived. I never really cared for them much. They do as they please, and while I don't *dislike* them, I never felt any particular fondness for cats. But I'd rather have a cat over a toad. What am I to do with a toad exactly? Neville always seemed to lose his pet.

I'd rather have an owl, for their ability to send mail if nothing else. Never really been an animal person to be honest.

So why was Ron (and Percy before him) allowed to have a rat? I can't remember if that was ever explained.

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal
Quote from Heatherlly on February 12, 2023, 9:05 am

So why was Ron (and Percy before him) allowed to have a rat? I can't remember if that was ever explained.

I think that as long as pets are small and manageable like rats and dogs, they would be allowed as pets. And a magical beast below XXX classification can also be allowed like Pygmy Puffs.

Owl because they are intelligent, efficient, self-sufficient and loyal to the owner.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I've already told myself how much of a chaotic disaster this would be, but my heart has been set on it since the first Fantastic Beast movie: I'd choose a Niffler.

They are just so adorable and definitely someone you'd want to bring on a treasure hunt or retrieving lost items. As long as they are shiny.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Why isn't there an "all of the above" option?

I would get an owl because they're useful and beautiful, a cat because cats are life and a horned serpent like Harriet from the fic Certain Dark Things just because. Don't ask how I will keep all of this secret though.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Simply buy other pets in name of petless students and have yourself multiple pets in a legal loophole way.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel
Page 1 of 2Next