Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

In Memoriam: Stars We've Loved and Lost

Wanted to make a post in tribute to the late Matthew Perry (known for his role as Chandler Bing on the TV show "Friends"). Cause of death is believed to be by drowning. Rest in peace

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaDark Angel

I wish I could say I'm surprised, but I'm not. 😔 Honestly, it's a miracle that it didn't happen much sooner considering what he's been through.

Also, which outlet is stating drowning as the suspected cause of death? That seems like an oversimplification (and a bit irresponsible) given how little we know about the circumstances this early on.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

A few outlets have cited drowning; I'm looking at one from NBC right now. And there's another one from Reuters saying he was found in his jacuzzi/hot tub

Yeah, I knew he was found unresponsive in the hot tub, but that doesn't necessarily mean he drowned. I wish outlets, especially those as mainstream as NBC, would wait for factual information rather than publishing what amounts to speculation.

I say that because a lot of people don't read about celebrity deaths past the initial report. It leads to a lot of inaccurate assumptions.

Related: I read his memoir about a year or two ago. It's pretty rough, but well worth the read if you're a fan.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Okay, looking a bit more, I've found a Fox article (it's really short) saying there was an initial call regarding cardiac arrest.

Mainstream media…

Best not to speculate until we know something definite. In any case, it's extremely sad regardless of how/why it happened.

Have you seen any statements from his costars yet? I'm sure there will be some beautiful tributes, especially from the other Friends actors who've known him so long.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Nothing yet, it might take time for them to respond given how sudden it was.

May his soul rest in peace. That feels like another part of my childhood dying. I haven't rewatched "Friends" for more than a decade now but there was a time when I really enjoyed it. Thank you for the laughs and memories Matthew Perry, you'll be missed.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

It's a bit late, but RIP to James Earl Jones

mmlf, Naaga and BitterBrit have reacted to this post.
mmlfNaagaBitterBrit

Agreed. Mr. Jones' voice was iconic. Sad to think we will only hear it in recording now. 🙁

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga