Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Late bloomer here

So… to start off something, I’m Waldemar, a fictionkin guy from Poland. My house’s definitely Ravenclaw, albeit I do have a fair share of Slytherin leanings also (and some of Gryffindor traits). I have circled around this site for awhile now, albeit I decided to join only recently after some longer thought. I am rewriting this for the 3rd time too, after my tablet being a jerk to me, lol.

I am, admittedly not a diehard years-lasting Potter fan as a franchise, despite having some contact with it as a child (through book fragments and movies). For years, I’ve been in and out about the series, reading an occasional piece of fan work or admiring the art from afar - mostly in finding some of the character dynamics appealing along with the world building and general vibes around the series. I’m a fairly late bloomer to Snape himself, too, and despite never being one of the people who hated on him since always, I discovered my deep interest (a hyperfixation even, as I’m neurodivergent) in him only within this year. I feel like I came very late to the party with that aspect (especially without any previous closer insight into HP itself), but it doesn’t change my interest and will to see what more “recent” fans are up to.

The story pretty much started, quite oddly, with me taking a psychometrics themed site test including 5000 fictional characters. I’m always open to check new characters out in potential to find new kins or at least characters I find a big liking towards. The one that I scored most similarities, at 77%, was obviously… Severus Snape. I took the hint of course, researching on him (especially that I seldom find any kinship towards more popular characters), checking out Deathly Hallows, reading analysis and other works until I realized that indeed, that guess wasn’t far from truth. I related to him on many levels, slowly reaching the point of a fixation and a new kin, sometimes even feeling as if in almost physical ache with the realization of its. Almost as if my heart was being a pincushion seeing many things paralleling with my own life in it, along with poor past and constant judgments we both had no control over (appearance and feelings over things or seeming lack of thereof included). I were genuinely impressed finding out his deep ability to love, without anything of it being fickle and very apparently, staying everlasting, as I adore such characters also. It’s been a very eerie, but cathartic journey to go through, having hints of ability to cope and feeling seen too (especially with the knowledge of him, after all being inspired by an actual guy who might’ve had a lot on his plate and hard to read by others personality, too).

I definitely might not be on a ground as established and long as some of you are (that I noticed even people of decades-lasting obsession lurking around), but I already am sure that this guy definitely found his way into my bitter heart and will hold his place amongst other of my kins/synpaths for years to come.

I don’t really have a lot to share social media-wise because I simply am inactive in this kind of spaces and am not productive in that area often enough to consider it of any significance, however I definitely plan to write out an analysis or a few in the future, maybe contributing also on the area of art. I don’t often share my works publicly, but it might be a thing in more distant future. I’m personally not interested nor involved very much in fics where Severus is paired with anyone really, but I like seeing his dynamics working through with Lily as well as his deep one-sided appreciation. For more private communication, I do have a discord of tag Procyon.cancrivorus (and I’m always open to have some insightful or just generally a conversation on common ground). Besides Snape of course, I do have quite a broad share of interests, linguistics, history, science, zoology and psychotraumatology being some of them.

It’s very unlikely that I’ll contribute often over there, as I am not a super social nor easily getting involved person in the first place (which is by no means a sign of disinterest as much as a tendency I have no control over), but nonetheless, I’d be very open to see your own metas, works, ideas, headcanons and even simply to watch your own strong hyperfixations/dedication to the character. It’s always heartwarming in a way to see underrated ones getting some attention for once. If there’s any fellow fictionkin or people relating in similar ways to him, feel free to share too, I’m genuinely curious. Even if it’s not the case, I’m up to anything that might turn out interesting.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Dust Collector

Welcome into the fold @walden. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

If you haven't done so already, kindly do take the time and read through the rules.

We'd love to know more about you, why not share your Wand and Patronus with us as well?

Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and BitterBrit have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceBitterBrit

I'm a bit late to this thread, but welcome! 🙂 I really enjoyed reading your introduction – you sound like a very intelligent/fascinating person. Please feel free to contribute as often or as little as you like, though I do hope to hear more from you. 💚

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Have fun on the site!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Waldemar have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar
Quote from Heatherlly on September 21, 2024, 11:21 pm

I'm a bit late to this thread, but welcome! 🙂 I really enjoyed reading your introduction – you sound like a very intelligent/fascinating person. Please feel free to contribute as often or as little as you like, though I do hope to hear more from you. 💚

If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask. Have fun on the site!

I appreciate it definitely, especially that I can say quite the same about the impression I’ve gotten off you (as to what I were able to, at least and for the times I have stumbled upon your artwork. I do plan to read the stories, very likely also). I do tend to fall into this kind of detached or stagnant when it comes to any sort of writing/art periods, but I will also admit that again, your input was genuinely uplifting which I am grateful for.

Also, in that vein I’d like to ask what does your Discord work like in regards to being linked directly to the forums? Is it for announcements or something else?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Thank you! I'm glad I've been able to inspire you. 🙂

Our Discord is for casual, real time chat for members. I personally prefer the forum, so I don't log in over there very often, but feel free let one of the professors (aka moderators) know if you need help over there.

Also, we do have a writing channel, which is a great place to hang out if you're working on anything creative. I haven't used it in ages, but that might change in November when NaNoWriMo rolls around. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Waldemar have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar

@walden

Dobry wieczór Waldemarze! Jak miło widzieć tutaj kogoś z Polski! WOW! Cudownie, że jest nas tu coraz więcej. 😃

Życzę Ci wielu miłych chwil tutaj!

Pozdrawiam ciepło!

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince