Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Fanfiction Videos: Readers, Writers, Miscellany

Page 1 of 2Next

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelSalvyus

Which ones are you guys

Type:

Woes:

Sins committed:

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfNaagaDark AngelJaySM

These videos were really entertaining. Thank you for sharing.

Here's my input.

Type: I'm a cross between "Never finishes their WIP" and "Don't give a f-" but now that I'm really thinking about it, I wouldn't be on this site if I didn't care. I joined Always Snape so I can jump back in and finish my WIP but at the same time create new fanfics as a not-so-secret squirrel and post them here without any backlash.

Woes: Unable to connect the dots. Another one she didn't bring up is biting more than I can chew. My first fanfic ever was a multi-chapter story and I'm not even done with it. I have a whole bunch of one-shots though but I don't post them because I don't want people to ask when I'm going to update. (^_^)"

Sins Committed: I'm guilty of "No tags." I'm unfamiliar with the idea.

There was one sin the Youtuber brought up about filtering searches that have super long stories and having a whole bunch of crossovers clog up the search. There are some search results that I'm happily surprised about. I genuinely enjoy most of the Harry Potter/ Lord of the Ring Crossovers.

One that isn't listed but I have internalized is wanting to write a review to authors who haven't updated in a while but holding back because I'm guilty of doing the same.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelSalvyus

Hahaha, the struggle is real @jaysm

Have you tried a writing tracker? I print off monthly calendars and mark the number of words written day by day, though I have fallen way off the bandwagon as of late. Might be good for your daily motivation.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from mmlf on July 15, 2023, 2:55 pm

Hahaha, the struggle is real @jaysm

Have you tried a writing tracker? I print off monthly calendars and mark the number of words written day by day, though I have fallen way off the bandwagon as of late. Might be good for your daily motivation.

My mind is a fickle thing.

I could probably consistently write and meet a 500 word quota if I discipline myself but it would just be words on paper. Quality is important too and I’m not experienced in my writing where I can just spit out quality work when I write. I’m still training my brain muscle.

It’s a good idea to exercise the brain though but I would have to do it with no expectation of it progressing any of my stories further. Knowing me, I just might continue to rewrite until I burn myself out.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

True-- but nobody can spit out quality work on the first go. Lots of writers do a heavy rewrite of the previous day's work before progressing with further writing, so all of that can count towards the day's writing tally. So by the end of their story, the text has already gone through at least one huge edit.

But there are other ways of tracking, such as tracking minutes, hours, days spent writing etc.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

lol if fanfic writers were live streamers

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySM
Quote from Venus on August 3, 2023, 2:43 pm

lol if fanfic writers were live streamers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dccs0_ZM-oU

Why do I feel targeted? 😅

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

TimeLadyJamie and JaySM have reacted to this post.
TimeLadyJamieJaySM
Page 1 of 2Next