Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

PodFic advice

Which video/background would you prefer for a PodFic YouTube channel?
A still image
A video of me crocheting/sewing/painting while reading
A slideshow
Something else, these are overdone

I'm working on creating a PodFic YouTube channel to read my own fic. I'm torn between a couple of different options in terms of background and ambiance and thought I'd see what you guys recommend!

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I have moved your thread from Snape Polls to Fanfiction forum because this doesn't contain a specific Snape poll and is about advice related to Fanfiction, hope you don't mind.

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyusMorbidReads

Thank you! I apologize for posting it in the wrong place to begin with

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from MorbidReads on August 15, 2023, 10:24 am

Thank you! I apologize for posting it in the wrong place to begin with

It's alright, you are new and didn't know about these things. Remember for the next time. 😸

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyusMorbidReads

Nice! I've always wanted to do Podfics for my stories, and I wish more stories were available in that format. Your channel sounds like a great idea - I can't wait to check it out!

To answer your question, I'd definitely go with a still image. The focus should be on the audio, and especially if your stories are longer, most listeners won't be looking at the video anyway. Doing a single, still image is probably easier and will keep the focus on the story.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusMorbidReads

Podfic sounds so cool! Personally, I would get immersed if I saw a painting alongside, as I still have trouble concentrating when only listening to audio.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I actually never listen to Podfics or audiobooks....because my stupid brain just tunes them out and I stop concentrating on it.

I prefer to do my own reading😅

BUT if I were to listen to one I would prefer a still image or a moving picture that isn't very interesting like a waterfall or butterfly moving its wings. Why am I saying this? I'm active on TikTok and there you have some people post reddit stories that are read by AI etc, the background usually is a plain mobile game like Subway Surfers or some stuff that I don't even recognize but there are some videos where someone is crocheting or baking something and I end up being more curious about their actions than the story 😅

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

Just coming back to this thread because I have seen people posting podfics to AO3 @morbidreads . Is that something you would consider as well (or perhaps you've already done it), or does it have to be a YouTube channel? (Instructions here if you're interested.)

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus𐙚 ‧jel₊˚ ⋅