Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Favourite True Death Eater?

Who is your favourite true Death Eater?
Bellatrix Lestrange
Lucius Malfoy
Barty Crouch Jr
Antonin Dolohov
Alecto and Amycus Carrow
Fenrir Greyback
Peter Pettigrew
Corban Yaxley
Evan Rosier
Another

Which one of the following is your favourite true Death Eater and why do you think so? Elaborate your choice. The poll excludes the defectors like Snape and Regulus and only considers Voldemort's loyalists.

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

An obvious choice, but I have to go with Lucius. For all his flaws, he's at least somewhat more civilized than most of the other Death Eaters seem to be. Also, he was nice to Severus when he was a child, which (regardless of his motivation) can't be said for many people.

The Gestalt Prince, GlacierValley and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyKrystalNaaga

For me, it's the Barty Crouch Jr. Though, I love Lucius more as a character for the reason mentioned by @heatherlly, the reason I like Barty as the DE is due to his competence and how successful he was in his tasks.

• Got twelve OWLs which is quite a feat
  • Fooled Albus Dumbledore completely for a whole year while posing as Moody
  • Bested the legendary auror Moody in combat
  • One of the best canon DADA teacher
  • Secretly helped Harry in the tournament
  • Completed his mission by delivering Harry to the Voldemort for his resurrection

Only reason he got caught because he let his curiosity regarding Voldemort get to him and likely cause was DADA curse.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyNaaga

For me, Antonin Dolohov. He was one of the fanatic Voldemort loyalists and referred as one of the most powerful Dark Wizards.

He was responsible for murders of Prewett twins in the first war, injuring Hermione in the battle of ministry, tracking Trio after the wedding and killing Lupin in the duel in battle of Hogwarts.

He was the perfect example of a Death Eater : dark, cruel, efficient and has strength to back his feats.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyKrystal

Honestly, it was a tie between Lucius and Bellatrix for me. I chose Bellatrix because people have already mentioned many good reasons for Lucius, to which I'll add that he genuinely seemed to at least somewhat care about his family, which is pretty compelling.

Bellatrix, admittedly, is just insane and could be considered written in a sexist manner in the hysterical/freakishly devoted follower way. However, the strength of her presence makes me enjoy her character; everyone in the books has heard about her, she's in the top ranks, she is unpredictable and very powerful... ect. She is incredibly loyal to Voldemort, and willing to do anything he asks. All she seems to care about is his goodwill, and as a second enjoyment making people hurt... which she is famous for. Her name is known, her power is feared... just seems like a good example for why people are terrified of Death Eaters in general. Also, she continues wreaking havoc far after Lucius has become cowed and beaten into submission by Voldemort; she has nothing to lose except for Voldemort, which makes her more dangerous.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Bellatrix. She's hateful and crazy, and even disregarding Helena Bonham Carter's sexy portrayal, she would be my nemesis.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga