Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Would Snape and McGonagall Have Reconciled After the Battle of Hogwarts?

Poll: Would Snape and McGonagall Have Reconciled After the Battle of Hogwarts?
Yes- depending on if McGonagall could accept Snape's loyalty
No- Snape's legacy was tainted, even if he had turned out to be a hero
Another response
Page 1 of 2Next

Snape as Headmaster was forced to fight against Professor McGonagall, and then Flitwick, Sprout, and Slughorn during the Battle of Hogwarts. If Snape and McGonagall were to meet in the future (presuming survival) or in the afterlife, do you think they would have reconciled?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Yes, I believe that Snape and McGonagall could've reconciled in the event that Snape survived.

I have always believed that Snape and McGonagall were friends or at least very close colleagues. Snape and McGonagall had a quidditch house rivalry, they appeared together whenever the situation demanded it and she even justified Snape's detentions of Harry after the Sectumsempra incident, which is significant because McG usually favoured Harry in quidditch and here, the Snape's detentions cut into Harry's quidditch time and even led to him missing a match.

But they were not best friends, McG's trust in Snape was based on her trust in Dumbledore who trusted Snape and his act of killing Dumbledore destroyed that trust.

So, in case Snape survived and McG comes to know the truth, she would feel remorse over her treatment of Snape and apologize for it. Snape would forgive McG because he had to play the role of loyal death Eater and he won't hold McG's treatment of him against her. They may form a genuine bond with all the truth of Snape bare after Harry's reveal and McG may even apologize for not doing more for Snape in his school boy days.

Art by Ari Leah - https://ari-leah-arts.tumblr.com/ which fits the situation.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruInterwovenMadness

@naaga, that pic 😭😭

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

I choose the option Yes- depending on if McGonagall could accept Snape's loyalty for the reasons mentioned in above post.

I voted "yes", though I'm not too crazy about the framing for either option. Had he survived, Severus would've already proven his loyalty at this point. She'd have no reason not to accept it unless she was straight up being an asshole.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSeverus SnapeInterwovenMadness

Saw that artwork after I posted. Dude…

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul NegruInterwovenMadness

Prove MY loyalty? It is Minerva who turned against me, not the other way around.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

I think upon finding out Severus' true loyalty and his death, Minerva and other staffs could have felt very guilty of chasing him away from Hogwarts. If he had stayed at Hogwarts longer, there might have been a chance that Severus was more prepared for the final battle and deliver his message to Harry before facing Voldemort.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Yeah, I headcanon McGonagall feeling guilt for not believing in Severus and chasing him away leading to his death.

Same here.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga
Page 1 of 2Next