Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Your favourite timelines in Snape fics?

Your favourite timelines in Snape fics.
Pre-Marauders Era
Marauders Era
1st War Era
Post 1st War upto Philosopher's Stone
Golden Trio Era
Post-War
Other (explain in post)

Poll to survay the preferred reading timeline of Snape fics because we often have a preference for certain eras in Snape fics.

Feel free to explain why you prefer those time periods. You can pick multiple choices.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Post-War all the way for me <333 The broken souls. The survivor's guilt. Those so damaged by what happened, that they struggle to live. Evolving relationships. Learning to heal. Self-blame. Despair. Shame. Nightmares. Trauma. Grieving...

The aaaangst <3 But also, the beauty of seeing your favorites learning to heal and live, and doing so together.

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I don't even know what to pick because I love them all so equally. I went with 1st post war, I feel like it's cool to see because there's not a lot out there on it, it's skipped more often then not.

Is interesting seeing him struggle with grief of lilys death and his relationship with the other staff members, all while being stuck at a job he hates, and possibly having to face a trial for being a death eater.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Post-war to read stories where Severus finally has his happy ending🥰💚

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaInterwovenMadness

My preference is for Post-War and Trio Era.

Trio Era because most of the characters are known and we get Professor Snape in peak of his glory.

Post-War for the reason mentioned by @sanctuaryangel. I like Snape having a shot at clean slate after all the baggage before war's end.

HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I chose "other" because I prefer stories that span as much of his life as possible, not necessarily limited to a specific era. I love a full evolution, from boyhood to teenage years, young man to adulthood and beyond. Seeing him evolve through all the different stages of his life is fascinating.  💚

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's Shade

For me it was an easy decision on "Marauders Era".

I like to read fics where Sev does change his path. It doesn't matter if it for Lily or that he witnessed something that made him realize what he was getting into and made him turn away from it.
Pics where Dumbledore gets a change of heart and starts to care for Sev are also something interesting for me, especially finding out Dumbledore reasons.
Also always interesting are fics where he befriends people like Remus, Mary or Marlene.

Interesting might also be a fic where he does become friends with Peter but that friendship is different than the Marauders one and might keep Peter away from the dark path.
Or a fic where grandfather Prince is actually alive and does have a change of heart and cares for Severus.

As I said, I simply love to see how some changes may have an affect Sev's life.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I chose the Marauder Era and Post-War.

The Marauder Era is full of possibilities for Severus and presents multiple paths for him, while the Professor Snape path locks him out of the opportunities explored during the Marauder Era.

Post-War because Severus is now open to multiple possibilities free of his guilt and can start living for himself for a change.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaInterwovenMadnessBol_Stark

Golden Trio era, which already encompasses most of the other eras.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaInterwovenMadness