Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Salutations, folks!

I thought I should introduce myself. I've been lurking as a guest for a few months now.

I read a bit of fanfic, have been published for small time poetry (very recent), & I am an incoming student to college/university (for not writing). I haven't written fics involving Severus Snape, but I do have a decently developed plot bunny I'd write out if I had the time.

-Sincerely,

Winter

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

Welcome to the club @winters-shade.

Nice to see your introduction and we welcome members with creative skills. We got experienced writers who can help you out with your ideas if you want.

Seeing that you've been lurking for months, you should be familiar with the website but feel free to participate in discussions, metas, polls which usually can't be accessed by guests. Also, as a Professor, I welcome a new student into the fold of our glorious Snape website and we've got you whenever you need some support with respect to your queries. 😺

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul Negru

Welcome, @winters-shade! I'm glad you decided to upgrade from lurker to active member. 🙂

Also, I completely understand where you're coming from about writing. It can certainly be time-consuming, especially with full-length stories, and it sounds like you're at a stage in your life where you have a lot on your plate. Having said that, it's okay (and often easier) to start small, whether that's working on your story just an hour or two per week or focusing on drabbles or one shots.

If you're interested in the latter, you might want to check out our writing challenges. They're a great way to explore your creativity without having to commit to a full-length story.

Other than that, please don't hesitate to let us know have any questions. We're always happy to help!

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul NegruRegulus Murdock

Welcome, Wintershade! I'm intrigued by the poetry publication. Was that fanfiction poetry, or publication of original poetry in a magazine or anthology?

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

My high school has a yearly arts publication (poems, non-fiction, photos, paintings, mixed media). My original poems have been in for three years, but this year, I received the cash prize for best poem.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru