Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Salve!

Hello everyone! How nostalgic to be on a forum again...

I'm mrflay (on Tumblr) and malinverno (on AO3, but there's nothing to see there - YET), an italian Snape fan trying her hand at writing fics in english, with mixed results. I'm also a fan artist - with, again, mixed results.

Right now my main goal is to write more and draw more. Better yet, to actually finish the things I start drawing or writing. Speaking of the former, I'm currently working on a massive Snupin fic I've been attempting to write for... five, six years? This thing has had loads of first drafts and false starts, but maybe this time I'll actually manage to write and publish it.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaTimeLadyJamieRobaku90SalvyusSam

Welcome into the fold @mrflay. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

We welcome members with skills and would be excited to see your fics and drawings and wish you luck in writing your fic.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceSalvyusSammrflay

Welcome from one new member to another new member! 😊

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Sammrflay

Salve! (Is that also a word in Italian? I thought it was Latin.) I am glad to see that you're aiming to finish more writing and drawing. I am trying to do the same thing. I also know the feeling about having a large WIP unfinished after many false starts. Perhaps you could start with some kind of daily writing target, like a certain number of words or a scene or a chapter a day? We're trying to build the art and graphics section of the site, so feel free to share your WIPs and finished pieces! (P.S. If you need help with writing your fics in English (well done for that!), then we have threads to help there too.)

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSammrflay

@mmlf ahahah I didn't realize "salve" was also a latin word but yeah, it exists in the italian language too. It just means "greetings".

Thank you all for the welcome, I'll take a look around while battling with the various WIPs!

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSam

@mrflay

Hi!

Post everything you've created! We will definitely like it. Everyone is so nice here. 😍

I studied Latin for a year at university, a beautiful language. Severus certainly knew him fluently as a Potions Master.

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSammrflay

A bit late, but welcome to the site. It's good to have new people here. I swear it's not a cult.

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90mrflay

Warmest of welcome's to the site! 🙂

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Sammrflay