Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Severus Snape's Wand

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 1:05 pm
Quote from Naaga on August 10, 2023, 1:02 pm
Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 12:57 pm
Quote from Naaga on August 10, 2023, 12:55 pm
Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 12:49 pm

Trapped in the Attic

Did JK Rowling come out of her attic? I think she’s trapped in there.

I think he would have the loyalty of Acacia wood with a darker finish. He would have some flexibility for his flexible nature as spy and being placed in rough spots. Not to flexible but bendy. He practices dark arts so I don’t think unicorn will be a good fit for him because that particular core is not a fan of it. Dragon heart string would be expected but just like the lifestyle he chose and his adaptability, I think he would be Phoenix Core.

Where did I saw that wand description before, wait.. your own wand @jaysm 🤣😹

What a Slytherin way to react. 🤣

A Slytherin would at least change something.. 😹😹

I didn’t include the length. It could have been anyone’s wand really.

Different sized wands for different people, just like clothes. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelJaySMSamZombiePotter04

I always thought it would be a Yew wand. I wrote an A/N about it that I will post here;

"It seems to be fandom consensus to think that Severus has an ebony wand, which makes sense since it’s a very dark wood type and it matches the movie’s description. (Ollivander probably uses wood stains to protect the wood though, so a wand colour may not be representative of the type of wood at all). However, wand woods carry different powers and meanings, and from all the descriptions I’ve read on Pottermore, yew made the most sense in Severus’s regard. (Also hawthorn and blackthorn, but I settled on yew).
[Ollivander] “Yew wands are among the rarer kinds, and their ideal matches are likewise unusual, and occasionally notorious. The wand of yew is reputed to endow its possessor with the power of life and death, which might, of course, be said of all wands; and yet yew retains a particularly dark and fearsome reputation in the spheres of duelling and all curses. However, it is untrue to say (as those unlearned in wandlore often do) that those who use yew wands are more likely to be attracted to the Dark Arts than another. The witch or wizard best suited to a yew wand might equally prove a fierce protector of others. Wands hewn from these most long-lived trees have been found in the possession of heroes quite as often as of villains. Where wizards have been buried with wands of yew, the wand generally sprouts into a tree guarding the dead owner’s grave. What is certain, in my experience, is that the yew wand never chooses either a mediocre or a timid owner.”
A yew wand is also wielded by Tom Riddle and Ginny Weasley. In Irish folklore, yew symbolises immortality, because it grows its branches down into the earth from which new trees grow encircling the original trunk. It also has a reputation as a death tree because every part of the tree, including the wood dust, is poisonous."

In the Kémya story I wrote it as a yew wand, 13" and with a phoenix feather core. I never really gave much thought to the flexibility though, but if I had to pick I'd say rigid.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSamZombiePotter04

I don't know much about wands or the lore behind them so whatever the authors go with. I have nothing against their choice.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusCypressWand

My headcanon for Severus's wand is alder wood with a phoenix feather core. Flexible, length average at some 11-12 inches.

Black alder is a pioneer species, able to thrive where others can not and survive harsh conditions including pollution, though it is bound to be replaced by sturdier trees eventually.

And phoenix feather wands have a great range, which I think becomes Severus.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritRobaku90ZombiePotter04
PreviousPage 2 of 2