Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severus/Hermione)

Page 1 of 2Next

It's been a while since I've read this pairing, but I was super into it a few years ago and stumbled across some truly excellent stories.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7413926/1/Chasing-The-Sun

AU, from Order of the Phoenix onwards. Hermione only wanted to learn Healing; she discovers that Professor Snape is a human being after all, and his actions dramatically shape the course of the war as events unfold. Complete.

This was the first SSHG I ever read and remains one of my favorites. Really deep/super unique take on Severus's character, and the relationship is a lovely, super slow burn.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6578435/1/Post-Tenebras-Lux

"After Darkness, Light." A chance meeting ten years after the war may not be just a coincidence, and may prove to have very far-reaching consequences. A story of many things, but primarily of healing. SS/HG; rated M for later chapters. Complete.

Written by the same author as the previous story. Might be preferable for those who prefer an older/more mature Hermione.

Author recommendation:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1374460/Aurette

A bit cheesy/fluffy at times, but I really enjoyed her stories. A couple standouts:

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7948797/1/Hermione-Granger-and-the-Crystal-of-Time

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6408692/1/The-Occluded-Soul

I'll add others as I think of them. Feel free to post some of your favorites as well if you enjoy this pairing!
Krystal, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaErinBibliophile

Bound to him

Summary: At the behest of Lord Voldemort, Severus Snape is forced to commit a deplorable act against one who should have been under his protection. Bound by Dark Magic, he and Hermione Granger must learn to trust one another and themselves as they work together to thwart the dark plots surrounding them.

My review: One of the best Snamione fics, contains a brief non-con scene at the beginning after which this fic is incredible. I recommended it for any Snamione fans as it is highly rated fic among them.

Heatherlly, Naaga and Bibliophile have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaBibliophile

Replaced your link with the nonmobile version. Their mobile layout is awful on desktop. :/

I believe I read this back in my Severus/Hermione phase, though I'll have to double check to be sure. In the meantime, please share any others you can think of – we need more of this pairing! 💚

Krystal has reacted to this post.
Krystal

The Gates of Azkaban by mirrormarie

Summary: On the verge of joining the Death Eaters, Severus has a conversation that changes his mind, with consequences that change his entire world. But his isn't the only world affected...

Author's Note: This story can work as a standalone, but for those who read my story "The Cactus and the Toad," this is a sequel, although that won't become apparent for a few chapters. Mild trigger warning for the first chapter: the Death Eaters have a fairly nasty conversation, although nothing graphic.

Heatherlly, Snapecentric and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySnapecentricKrystal

Pet Project

Summary: Hermione overhears something she shouldn't concerning Professor Snape and decides that maybe the House-elves aren't the only ones in need of protection.

My review: This one started my HGSS love, read this during pandemic, this fic is incredible and highly recommended among Snamione fans.

Heatherlly, Snapecentric and Bibliophile have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySnapecentricBibliophile

Siriusly, Severus? A time potion?

Summary:

In the Spring of 1976, Severus Snape is determined to get Lily Evans to accept his apology. What better way than a time travel spell? He can just skip the entire summer and come back to school with all of the sincerity but none of the aching loneliness that will come from a holiday break at Spinners End without Lily.
The Marauders use their map to keep Snivellus from ever coming near Lily Evans again. When they see him acting shady in the potions lab, they know what they need to do.
A duel of misfired dark magic and the five young wizards head to the hospital wing, only to realize that the entire school has changed. Apprentice Pomfrey isn’t the hot healer Sirius would flirt with, she’s a Madam now and looks to be old enough to be their mother.
That’s not the only thing that’s different, laying in one of the beds is a student who looks just like James, and a severely injured young witch who won’t stop screaming.

Heatherlly, Snapecentric and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySnapecentricKrystal

Destined for a Life of Misery

Heatherlly and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystal

PS, I love you

Summary:

After the fall of Voldemort, can the Wizarding world move on from centuries of lingering prejudices? All Hermione Granger, “heroine” and part-time agitator knows is, she is done.

Or so she thinks.

Soon, she is drawn back into the shady dealings on the Ministry and finds, to her surprise, a kindred spirit in the most unexpected place.

Heatherlly and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystal

The Gilded Cage

After we discussed what Severus would have done if he had survived the war and one of the options was going to Azkaban, I had to share this fic.

Warning: contains adult content, NSFW, eventual smut

I personally see Severus and Hermione as more or less ooc in this but I had a blast reading it. It is hilarious and you should definitely give it a try.

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga

Bringing Up Babymort

Nothing made me laugh more than Snape's horrible attempts at wooing Hermione. Any other woman less pragmatic than her would have chucked the heaviest object within reach at him.

"What?” she asked. “Have you been drinking?”

He felt a warm feeling creep up his neck, and he cleared his throat nervously.

“No. I want to have a child. And I would like you to be the mother,” he blurted out.

“You have been drinking,” Hermione said. “Don’t be ridiculous.”

“I’m not being ridiculous. Wanting to procreate is a completely understandable biological urge,” he argued.

“Sure. But this is not an urge I have. In fact, I have the opposite urge. And that urge wants me to be as far away from children as possible. For my survival. The survival of my mental health.”

“I wouldn’t expect you to have to raise the child,” Severus said. “I would look after everything. ”

“As flattered as I am to be asked to be a rent-a-womb, on this occasion I shall graciously decline,” Hermione said. She returned her attention to the book and took an enormous bite of the pastie. Severus noticed idly that she made annoying smacking noises with her mouth when she chewed, and all the fingernails on her hands were bitten, almost to the quick.

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga
Page 1 of 2Next