Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Headcanons

PreviousPage 12 of 12
Quote from mmlf on October 11, 2022, 1:12 pm

That last headcanon should be a story, Wisp! That would be a fascinating dynamic to see: Snape being in debt to someone , especially someone as manipulative as Lord Voldemort. I think it was either Professor Horace Slughorn or Professor Dumbledore who spoke of the student Voldemort attracting many different kinds of people. I'll bet they were people who needed protection, and few people needed protection more than Severus Snape!

@mmlf

I agree! Great idea for a story! Lily really would be heartless, it would be fitting.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04
Quote from Naaga on April 14, 2023, 4:02 am

I heard a headcanon that Severus Snape's middle name was actually Severus given by Eileen and he had a generic muggle first name given by his father.

His hatred of his father led to him rejecting that muggle first name and using his middle name Severus for his given and official name.

What are your thoughts about this?

There is a story in which his name is Richard Severus Snape. 

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritRobaku90ZombiePotter04

Do you have the name of that story, @celaenaisabel ?

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Quote from mmlf on July 18, 2024, 5:30 am

Not sure if it's the same one, but "A Difference In the Family: The Snape Chronicles" by Rannaro is a fairly long series detailing Severus' life from birth to death.

Severus is named "Richard Severus Snape" to compromise between Eileen and Tobias' wizarding and muggle heritage.

It's a favourite of mine.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90ZombiePotter04Celaena Isabel
Quote from BitterBrit on July 18, 2024, 9:37 am
Quote from mmlf on July 18, 2024, 5:30 am

Not sure if it's the same one, but "A Difference In the Family: The Snape Chronicles" by Rannaro is a fairly long series detailing Severus' life from birth to death.

Severus is named "Richard Severus Snape" to compromise between Eileen and Tobias' wizarding and muggle heritage.

It's a favourite of mine.

This is the one I am talking about.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritRobaku90ZombiePotter04

I really love it when I write an HP/Snape fanfic, and headcanon just unintentionally springs out.

The other day I was writing a story, and suddenly there's Eileen Prince's estranged older brother right there. (I've decided to name him Bassianus.)

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90
Quote from Ghost on March 13, 2024, 10:32 am
Quote from cometis on March 13, 2024, 10:06 am
Quote from Ghost on March 13, 2024, 10:04 am
Quote from cometis on March 13, 2024, 9:52 am

JK Rowling said that the reason Snape doesn't wash his hair is because he values ​​his other talents. I think the following process took place before Snape came to that conclusion.

Below are my headcanon guesses.

Snape is used to not being able to take a bath and doesn't mind. > But now that he has come to Hogwarts, he can take a bath and do laundry. > He has to buy things like shampoo and soap that suit his body on his own. > He doesn't have the money for that, and would rather use the money he lacks. I'll buy more books and medicine.>No matter how much I fix something, people who don't like it look at me with hate, but people like Lily and Lucius who don't have any prejudice about themselves don't say anything.>Then, I focus more on studying than taking care of my appearance.

Although he was used to not bathing, people who were not prejudiced against Snape did not particularly request such a thing. In addition, Alan Rickman said that the more the Marauders taunted Snape, the more he locked himself up. In reality, many people who are confined do not take care of themselves, so it seemed like Snape's lack of self-care went through this process.

One thing I found interesting within the books is that while Harry and the gryffs are always making fun of Snape about his har...not once is he ever described as smelly or dirty. So, he clearly does shower/bathe.

I truly do wonder if Snape's hair is that bad or if the gryffs are being jerks. Either way, I do truly love your hc and agree with it to an extent.

I also wonder what adult Snape could've been like if Hogwarts had been a place of acceptance and if the marauders had just left him alone. 🤔

In Korea, there are old and new translations, but in the old translation, it only says that Snape had old robes, messy hair, and gray panties when he was a student. The In the new translation, Snape is described as pale and 'dirty', like a plant grown in the dark, and wears stained panties....... The translator is a fucking bastard.....

But in my opinion, adult Snape takes care of himself. The fact that he shaves beard is proof that he soaps face. And as for not washing their hair, I don't think it's strange because I often see European and American men who wash their hair less often and their hair gets greasy. In the UK, the water is particularly bad because it is lime water.

:0 ooh! I always find it really interesting and cool to see how Snape and his mannerisms are translated in different languages. The change of his last name is also really cool. My two personal fave ones are Severus Rogue and Severus  Snow.

Lime water could def be the cause. I also think one cause could be the potions fumes and the fact that he teaches in a closed room in the dungeons, surrounded by fumes, and im willing to bet it gets pretty humid which would, in turn, cause his hair to get kinda gross due to being exposed to that all day.

I agree!

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
PreviousPage 12 of 12