Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Thank you for having me

Hello fellow Snape fans,

after this website was recommended to me by Dark Angel, I was immediately hooked on the concept.

How I became a Snape fan:

Snape was always a rather intriguing character for me, and I still remember how I was lying on my parents' bed, reading book 6 and ... I was shaking from head to toe when Dumbledore fell to his death. I couldn't believe it. Thought there had to be a trick. But Dumbledore stayed dead. And that's when I knew. I just knew that there was more to it. I suppose that's when I realised that I had come to unconditionally trust Snape as a character.

Who am I:

I started dabbling in Harry Potter fanfiction in 2011 on the German equivalent of fanfiction.net. Inspired by the kind comments, I tried my hands at original fiction. Rather unsuccessfully, I must confess. My epic fantasy novel about a PTSD-suffering sword fighter who adopts a slave child still hasn't found an agency.

In 2022, an old friend of mine who was part of my fanfiction community all the way back from 2011 suddenly contacted me as part of her New Years Resolution (blue_inking on AO3, check her out!). She broke me out of my sulk after I was rejected at the publishers in 2016. It was her mail that resulted in my first story since 2016. You can find "Falling Apart" on Ao3. It finished about 18 months after blue_inking's mail.

Maybe it is a bit vain, but I have used all the encouragement and excitement of my fanfiction readers to drive me towards writing my own works again as well. I usually update my stories every other week. The week inbetween is reserved for my original works. To this day, I can now proudly say that I managed to get a short story published as well as my first anthology. Right now, my second novel (a romance-comedy story) is also with an agency waiting to be picked up by a publisher.

When I don't write, I teach children aged 10-18 years. My subjects are German, English and Politics.

What I may contribute to this community:

Knowledge of super-old fanfictions, bad puns, and posts that are way too wordy. The abbreviation "TLDR" was invented because of me.

Thank you for having me, and I'd love to get to know you all better. Especially since I am sort of in awe as I recognise quite a lot of names from stories and works that I appreciate a lot.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 9 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelSlayBol_StarkAlbaSalvyus

Welcome to Always Snape dear Zain!

I'm so happy you accepted the invitation, and I'm squealing with joy to have so many of the lovely authors that I follow collected here, is this how Slughorn feels?!

You probably have done so already but if not, kindly take the time to read through our New Member Welcome Guide

We would love for you to share your brilliant stories in our Story Archive though we have already mentioned them in our recommendations. 😅

That was a great introduction and you provided us with a lot of interesting information about yourself. Isn't this all that's needed for a Snape Fan Spotlight @heatherlly ? 😉

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

Welcome into the fold @zain. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'd enjoy your time here.

It's incredible knowing you've published your own novel and I wish you success for your upcoming one.

I loved your and blue_inking's Two Sides and it's great knowing about your friendship and how she supported you.

Again, welcome to Always Snape and we'd love your participation in the community. Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceSalvyus
Quote from Zain on August 13, 2023, 4:52 pm

Hello fellow Snape fans,

after this website was recommended to me by Dark Angel, I was immediately hooked on the concept.

How I became a Snape fan:

Snape was always a rather intriguing character for me, and I still remember how I was lying on my parents' bed, reading book 6 and ... I was shaking from head to toe when Dumbledore fell to his death. I couldn't believe it. Thought there had to be a trick. But Dumbledore stayed dead. And that's when I knew. I just knew that there was more to it. I suppose that's when I realised that I had come to unconditionally trust Snape as a character.

Who am I:

I started dabbling in Harry Potter fanfiction in 2011 on the German equivalent of fanfiction.net. Inspired by the kind comments, I tried my hands at original fiction. Rather unsuccessfully, I must confess. My epic fantasy novel about a PTSD-suffering sword fighter who adopts a slave child still hasn't found an agency.

In 2022, an old friend of mine who was part of my fanfiction community all the way back from 2011 suddenly contacted me as part of her New Years Resolution (blue_inking on AO3, check her out!). She broke me out of my sulk after I was rejected at the publishers in 2016. It was her mail that resulted in my first story since 2016. You can find "Falling Apart" on Ao3. It finished about 18 months after blue_inking's mail.

Maybe it is a bit vain, but I have used all the encouragement and excitement of my fanfiction readers to drive me towards writing my own works again as well. I usually update my stories every other week. The week inbetween is reserved for my original works. To this day, I can now proudly say that I managed to get a short story published as well as my first anthology. Right now, my second novel (a romance-comedy story) is also with an agency waiting to be picked up by a publisher.

When I don't write, I teach children aged 10-18 years. My subjects are German, English and Politics.

What I may contribute to this community:

Knowledge of super-old fanfictions, bad puns, and posts that are way too wordy. The abbreviation "TLDR" was invented because of me.

Thank you for having me, and I'd love to get to know you all better. Especially since I am sort of in awe as I recognise quite a lot of names from stories and works that I appreciate a lot.

Hallo und herzlich willkommen 😉

FanFiktion.de, that were the good old times.
I actually did start on there too, maybe we even know each other from that time, that would actually be funny!
Hmm, I haven’t been active on there for soooo long, I probably should check it for good news stories.

But back to the topic! I’m sure you will have a great time here and will quickly notice that everyone is really nice and awesome to talk with.

I also recommend joining the discord server, it is great to chat with the others 🙂

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

How fantastic that you're published and continuing your fanfiction! Welcome to the site!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Thank you all for your kind words! I'll be checking out the discord server once I actually figure out how to use discord.

@bolstark, that would really be hilarious! I deleted my account a long time ago, but back then, I was called "Shinato". I suppose my biggest contribution to the HP fandom would have been my translation of "Digging for the Bones" - I was given the rights to that by paganaidd. May I ask for your username? I'd love to check out your stuff in case you still have it on there.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Hello and welcome to the site! I'd love to do a Spotlight with you, as Dark Angel mentioned... let me know if you'd be interested in that and I'd be happy to provide more info. 🙂

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusZain

Hey, Heatherlly, thank you for the welcome. I feel quite honored, especially since I loved Obscura Nox Animae. I think you were the first author to actually reply to my comment (in 2014), so I have been trying to extend that courtesy to my readers as well. You inspired me in that regard!

I'd love to do a spotlight. Thank you for offering.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Thank you!

If someone is kind enough to read/review my story, the least I can do is thank them personally. Not only do they deserve that small courtesy, but it benefits me as well. Interacting with readers leads to fascinating discussion, inspiration, not to mention new friendships… people are also more motivated to review when they know they'll receive a response.

I'm glad I was able to inspire you in that way, and I look forward to reading your work. 🙂 As far as the Spotlight goes, please check out this thread (if you haven't already) and shoot me a PM. 🙂

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus