Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Always Snape Holiday Thread (2023)

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I don't see him being super into socializing/festivities either, but people like various holidays for many different reasons. That could be the food, the decor, or the smells, treats you only get at a specific time of year, etc. A person might like a holiday because it reminds them of a happier time, or the reasoning could be as simple as having time off work or a few days where they get to sleep in.

With Severus, I think it helps to look past the obvious and consider how he would choose to spend each holiday. Personally, I see him as someone who enjoys peace and quiet, which would actually make Christmas a good fit for him. Most of the students are gone for a couple weeks, though (assuming he's at Hogwarts) he's not as isolated as he would be at home. He also doesn't have to teach during the break, meaning he could do more pleasant things like reading next to a nice, toasty fire. It would give him a chance to relax and regroup, and who knows? He might very well be partial to Christmas pudding or some other seasonal treat. 💚

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I feel like he'd use Christmas as an excuse to make mulled wine.

Heatherlly, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from Heatherlly on December 24, 2023, 11:25 am

Prompt #2

Do you think Christmas is Snape's favorite holiday? If not, which holiday do you think he likes best (or hates the least)?

I don't think Christmas was Snape's favourite holiday but I also think he hated it either. As for why it's not his favourite holiday, Christmas is usually a family holiday event and someone like Snape in his childhood probably never experienced a good Christmas due to his dysfunctional family. But it's probably not his hated holiday because he participated in all Hogwarts Christmas events and probably learnt to like it somewhat after spending few years among jolly Hogwarts staff members.

‘Crackers!’ said Dumbledore enthusiastically, offering the end of a large silver one to Snape, who took it reluctantly and tugged. With a bang like a gunshot, the cracker flew apart to reveal a large, pointed witch’s hat topped with a stuffed vulture.

Harry, remembering the Boggart, caught Ron’s eye and they both grinned; Snape’s mouth thinned and he pushed the hat towards Dumbledore, who swapped it for his wizard’s hat at once.

I don't see Snape particularly liking any holidays due to lacking appreciation of holidays coz he never had family experience but he didn't hate them either, except for maybe Halloween we know why.

I can see him liking holidays for having break from teaching dunderheads, that's why his favourite holidays are probably the summer vacations because he spent about 3 monthes free from teaching dunderheads. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusCypressWand
PreviousPage 2 of 2