Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Harry Potter Rants

Page 1 of 8Next

This thread, I believe shall be utilised for discussing anything which you find or heard something ridiculous or upsetting in the Potterverse. These topics can be related to Snape, Marauders, Trio or other characters.

My vent begins with an assumption of Snaters that if Harry was a girl who looked like Lily, Snape would've preyed upon her, sort of like Petyr Baelish who loved(obsessed actually, like how they assume Snape's feelings for Lily) Catelyn Stark transferred his affections upon Sansa Stark after her mother's death, and started grooming her for himself.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampam

Great idea, though we already have a couple of similar threads about Snape:

https://alwayssnape.com/forum/topic/in-defense-of-severus-snape-and-those-of-us-who-love-him/

https://alwayssnape.com/forum/topic/misconceptions-about-snape/

Can you use one of those for Snape related rants? We can still use this thread for ranting about other characters/elements from the series. 🙂

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Ok, @heatherlly, I will post the Snape's one there

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

This rant is about Regulus Black. Recently, I saw an argument about Harry's kids names and someone said that he should've named his middle child Albus Regulus Potter.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal
Quote from Naaga on March 7, 2023, 2:06 am

This rant is about Regulus Black. Recently, I saw an argument about Harry's kids names and someone said that he should've named his middle child Albus Regulus Potter.

Doesn't really make much sense, does it? He literally never knew Regulus existed until Sirius mentioned him, and he didn't know what he'd done until Kreacher told him about it.

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

This, while I loved the reveal of RAB,  marauder stans who loathe the Snape, often use Regulus in the role of Snape without all the Marauder-Snape baggage. For them, Regulus was forced into death eaters while Snape was a devil incarnate who turned only for the object of his desires.

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Yeah, nah, that's completely wrong. Regulus was born and bred into a Dark Wizard family, became the heir of said family after Sirius was disowned, and only betrayed Voldemort because he mistreated his house-elf and Regulus discovered the nature of Voldemort's locket.

Snape joined the Death Eaters for a few reasons (security, expectations from his peers, fulfilling his ambitions, etc.) completely divorced from Lily, someone who had completely severed ties with him (fuck, that never gets less depressing), betrayed Voldemort to try to protect his former friend, and then dedicated the rest of his life to protecting her son and working with Dumbledore to destroy Voldemort, the final year of which he had to do with only a collection of portraits as his only allies (fuck, that's even more depressing).

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga

I personally believe that Regulus was pure blood supremacist who turned only for the threat to his house elf otherwise he wouldn't have turned, still significant because in case he had lived, he could've turned into a genuine hero like Snape.

But marauderfen need their fanon OOC marauders to be LGBTQ friendly, multi ethnic, accepting of dark creatures, squibs and Slytherins(except Snape, who was born evil). Regulus fits their criteria of good Slytherin, a poor uwu baby abused by his family and rescued by the dashing James Potter (Jegulus) 🤮🤮

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal
Quote from Naaga on March 7, 2023, 2:06 am

Oh yeah, name your kid after a stranger rather than one of the most significant people in your life. Makes total sense.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaMotanul Negru

If only marauder fans had brains cells

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaMotanul Negru
Page 1 of 8Next