Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Writing Prompts

Page 1 of 2Next
Quote from Heatherlly on April 25, 2023, 1:59 am

This thread is a place to share Snape writing prompts from other sites (Tumblr, Reddit, AO3, etc). Feel free to share your favorites, and be sure to credit the source!

Title: The Matchmaking 

When Severus Snape becomes a (young) professor at Hogwarts, his students decide that he would be less grouchy if he started dating/got married. So, they constantly try to set him up with random people, and Snape is totally clueless.

In his first year teaching, many of his students try to set him up with an older student at Hogwarts - after all, Snape is only about 21 years old. As time goes on, the students become increasingly desperate: Madam Pomfrey, Madam Rosmerta, a random veela. It becomes kind of a ritual/competition that is passed down through every year at Hogwarts, and students of all houses are in it together. Some of the women might be aware of what is going on, but most just find it extremely coincidental that they somehow keep running into Snape.

And although some teachers may figure out what is happening - McGonagall and Dumbledore, perhaps - they decide to just keep silent and watch in amusement. Snape, of course, has no clue, and never really gets it.

During Harry's years at Hogwarts, people get so upset with Snape (particularly the Gryffindors) that they try to find the worst partners for Snape: Trelawney, Lockhart, Rita Skeeter, Umbridge, maybe even Zabini's mother. Of course, nothing ever works out, and no one can figure out why - especially Fred and George, who believe they have created the best circumstances for Snape to start dating.

Possible conversations:

-

"Professor, I can't believe that I am locked in the dungeons again! Really, I have no idea why this keeps happening to me!"

"Perhaps, Ms. Cooper, it is a sign from Hogwarts herself that you are incapable of brewing an acceptable potion and believes that your presence here would benefit you, despite the fact that I know you are completely hopeless. I would give you a detention, except I will begin to feel sorry for myself if I have to bear your presence here a minute longer."

-

"Ah, Severus, how nice to meet you again. I truly enjoyed our previous conversation."

"Likewise, Sybil. I particularly enjoyed how you incessantly discussed my impending doom."

-

"Here, my dear Severus, I made this especially for you."

"...Excuse me?"

"My autograph, of course! And a 50% off coupon for my book Voyages with Vampires. It made me think of you."

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceFIQKrystalTimeLadyJamie

This prompt can be used by any member for writing their own take on this prompt. They can post their response here or link their posting from FFN or AO3 here. I welcome our creative writing members to take a crack at it.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

This prompt definitely looks fun but I'm pretty sure Lockhart would never survive a flirting attempt with Snape....

I actually imagine Severus inviting him to the Astronomy tower just to throw him out the window and rid the world of him.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamie

Or subtly poison him, he is sly enough to get away with it. 😉

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaMotanul NegruTimeLadyJamieDark Angel
Quote from Krystal on May 26, 2023, 7:23 am

Or subtly poison him, he is sly enough to get away with it. 😉

And more in his line. Severus would probably think defenestration is a James Potter move

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Yeah, and us Slytherins have more of a style to accomplish our goals without implicating ourselves. 😼

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruDark Angel

But see, that's the point. If he uses poison everyone will suspect the resident potions master but a more crude method could be just anyone. I frankly do not believe there's anyone in the castle who wouldn't want to wring his neck

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

And that's why his potion would be something that induces a natural death and leaves no trace, I take that over Gryffindorish clumsy attempts anyday. 😼

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel

Good point

HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

So we've gone from match-making to assassination. Nice! 😀

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel
Page 1 of 2Next