Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Which of These Scenarios Do You Think Snape Hated the Most?

Which of These Scenarios Do You Think Snape Hated Most?
Failing to expel Harry (and Ron) from Hogwarts
Slytherin losing the House Cup to Gryffindor
Harry's (or Ron's) comebacks during Potions classes
Having to work with the likes of Professor Lockhart
Being forced to teach a group of 'dunderheads'

A series of relatviely light scenarios for Severus Snape to hate, all taken from the Harry Potter books. Select the one you think he hated th emost, and feel free to add an explanation for this choice below.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I voted for "Harry's (or Ron's) comebacks during Potions classes". While most of the other options are minor annoyances, Harry's disrespect would've been really hard to swallow. Not only would it remind Severus of James, for obvious reasons, but just imagine what it feels like from his perspective. He's sacrificing everything to protect this kid, repeatedly putting his life in danger, only for said kid to insult him? I mean obviously, Harry doesn't know the truth, and I'm sure he'd treat Severus differently if he did. But that's largely irrelevant… it would still have to feel like a slap in the face.

The only other one that concerns Harry is the expulsion, and I don't think Severus was serious about that. Even if Harry deserved it and Severus would've enjoyed kicking him out, he knows that expulsion isn't an option. In this case, it isn't even about Gryffindor favoritism… it's too important for Harry to remain at Hogwarts, both for protection and his continued education.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

My vote is for being forced to teach a group of 'dunderheads'.

Snape was stuck being a teacher due to his vows to protect Harry and bring down Voldemort. He would've never envisaged becoming a professor in his former hated school. He was stuck to teaching at the place of his teenage angst surrounded by students who mocked him behind his back, didn't follow his instructions properly and defied him in his classes. He snapped at them, insulted them, made cruel remarks and bullied them in a measure to maintain power and control. He pretty much didn't like teaching Potions and did seem a better teacher of DADA in Harry's eyes despite his loathing of Snape.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceFIQNaaga

Went with the dunderheads option for the reasons mentioned by @kris

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

I regret that there isn't an option for "All of the above".

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga