Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Wizarding World Loot

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Sorry to double post, but the mess of LEGO is now Hogwarts — I had a long weekend so this was my project. It was an amazing build, very detailed and had many references to scenes from the series. It's a bit flimsy in some places though, I recommend putting it into a case so you don't knock over a tower while dusting.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelBol_StarkSalvyusSam
Quote from BitterBrit on October 1, 2023, 11:16 pm

Ignore the mess of LEGO, but this is a new mug of mine and currently my favourite.

Where did you get it? :O It is so beautiful!

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusSam
Quote from Bol_Stark on October 2, 2023, 7:12 am
Quote from BitterBrit on October 1, 2023, 11:16 pm

Ignore the mess of LEGO, but this is a new mug of mine and currently my favourite.

Where did you get it? :O It is so beautiful!

I got it from a store called Quizz Alley but you can find it on Amazon (Just checked myself and there's another one with the Patronus — don't mind me adding that to my wishlist). It's from the brand Morphing Mug and the image only appears when exposed to heat.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam
Quote from BitterBrit on October 2, 2023, 6:53 am

Sorry to double post, but the mess of LEGO is now Hogwarts — I had a long weekend so this was my project. It was an amazing build, very detailed and had many references to scenes from the series. It's a bit flimsy in some places though, I recommend putting it into a case so you don't knock over a tower while dusting.

I really loved the Hedwig one but this one's amazing as well. Definitely put it in a case, not only to protect it from dust but also clumsy people 😅

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaBitterBritSalvyusSam

One of my favorite HP things I own that I recently got two years ago was Hermione's Yule Ball dress from the Wizarding World in Universal Studios. I remember as a kid I said I wanted to own that dress someday if it existed...and well, after working hard for it, I got it!

It felt like a fairytale dream come true! I only wore it once when I got it because I've been so nervous about getting it damaged or anything, but funny enough, I was talking with my husband about doing a Cosplay Photoshoot with it sometime soon! Maybe this week. XD

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamDark AngelBitterBritSalvyusSam
Quote from Bol_Stark on September 30, 2023, 6:41 am

My book stands finally arrived and so I did set up my books 😀
But I have to be honest… I do consider buying a newer version of the books, one with better looking covers.

Wow this is amazing. May I ask where you got the book stands?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelBol_StarkSalvyusSam
Quote from Yampam on November 13, 2023, 10:13 pm
Quote from Bol_Stark on September 30, 2023, 6:41 am

My book stands finally arrived and so I did set up my books 😀
But I have to be honest… I do consider buying a newer version of the books, one with better looking covers.

Wow this is amazing. May I ask where you got the book stands?

Hey 🙂 Sorry about the late reply to your question.
I got the book stands from Bradford Exchange. They aren't cheap, but completely worth it. They are shipped as three packages and you pay them in three payments.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaYampamDark AngelSam

I didn't know there were Lego games for older people. I used to love te logic of putting it together as a kid. Where can you get this?

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritSalvyusSam
Quote from mmlf on December 2, 2023, 2:54 pm

I didn't know there were Lego games for older people. I used to love te logic of putting it together as a kid. Where can you get this?

That particular set I bought from Zing — but any authorised seller of LEGO would carry it.

I would say that any of the larger LEGO sets, especially ones based on an IP, are for the adults. That was an enjoyable build, as was the Hedwig. Although with the sets on the bigger franchises I've noticed they tend to take shortcuts to keep the prices low but still maintain profits.

For example the grounds of Hogwarts is actually hollow, and the plates that the set rests on are held together by as few pieces as possible. Other builds I've completed that aren't attached to a franchise don't have this issue — they're usually quite solid.

I'm digressing, and potentially not making sense to those who don't build LEGO — but it's something to keep in mind for those who want to start. 😂

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

I think another one of my fave HP things I got is the "Always Patronus Doe Mug" that my husband got me for my birthday last year. It's one of those mugs that does the magic and lights up when it's filled with a heated beverage. I actually took a hilarious video of it when I first tried it out.

I have to keep it hidden and safe though because it's not dishwasher safe. It's one of my comfort items though besides the Harry Potter books.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritSalvyus
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next