Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Would Severus Snape Ever Reconcile With Petunia Dursley?

Would Snape Ever reconcile With Petunia Dursley?
Yes: it might help keep Lily Potter's memory alive
Yes: if Petunia Dursley made the first move
No: he might never forgive Petunia for calling Lily a "freak"
Another response

On the topic of reconciliation and loose ends, had Snape survived Voldemort's attack, would he ever have reconciled with Petunia Dursley? Select an option and feel free to explain why/why not and so on!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

In my opinion, he would never seek reconciliation with Petunia but not for calling Lily a 'freak'.

It was due to the fact that Petunia was probably the most significant muggle influence in young Severus' life after his father due to being Lily's sister.

She looked down upon him for his poverty, mocked him for his clothes and tried to keep Lily away from him.

She may have fed the anti-muggle sentiment young Severus held due to his father.

Her attitude towards Lily certainly didn't do her any favour in Snape's opinion.

As far as we are concerned Severus didn't have any contact with her after the severance of his friendship with Lily, a fact that Petunia herself reciprocated. They both loathed each other and had no reason to meet without Lily as a common factor.

So I don't see them possibly trying to reconcile after so many years. Severus won't seek contact just for Lily's sake became everything he did was not defined by Lily. Petunia won't try it because she hated the Snape and happily live a normal life away from the magic.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaMotanul Negru

I don't think Snape had any issues per se with Petunia beyond the fact that their personalities clashed horribly. So there's nothing to reconcile, really. However, I could see him detest her for her treatment of Harry, no matter how hypocritical such a standpoint would be.

Heatherlly, mmlf and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt Prince

As @kris said, I don't think Petunia calling Lily a freak would be much of a factor. I just don't see him wanting any sort of relationship with Petunia because… well, why would he? Not only was she unpleasant (downright nasty at times), but she was never someone he cared about in the first place. She's also a Muggle, which cannot be ignored as a factor. Even if he did get past some of his prejudice, I'm sure most Muggles (especially one as dull as Petunia) wouldn't hold much interest for him.

As for Lily… I don't see him wanting to reconcile because of her either. Petunia was shitty to her, for one thing, and it's not like he gravitates towards people who happen to share her blood. If he did, he would've tried harder to get along with Harry, who shared a lot more similarities with Lily than Petunia did. We know that wasn't the case, so yeah… zero motivation for reconciliation as far as I can see.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I choose the last option and concur with the reasons mentioned by @kris and @heatherlly.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Neither has any reason to seek out the other, nor is there any commonality to base a reconciliation on

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga