Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

WTF Did I Just Read? (a.k.a. Truly Disturbing Fanfiction Recommendations)

Page 1 of 9Next

The title speaks for itself, though to be more specific, this thread is a place to share the darkest, most disturbing, or just plain weird stories we stumble across. The more fucked up, the better, especially if the story involves demented pairings, twisted scenarios, and/or an impossibly long list of trigger warnings.

Please be sure to include said warnings (and a short description) in your post. Other than that, have fun! (I think) 😉

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyKrystalNaagaNikka

There's one I'm following that's particularly fucked-up called The Reward by FixingCanon; it's posted both on FFN (the most up-to-date version) and AO3 (is posting there as a sort of insurance). As a warning, this fic contains

Spoiler
rape
and Stockholm Syndrome, so just be prepared for that as early as the first chapter.

The basic premise is that Lily is given to Snape as a reward for his service after Voldemort kills James and Harry, and Snape has to do everything (everything) expected of him to preserve his cover and protect Lily. It's absolutely fucked, but I find it absolutely fascinating to see the mental workings of Snape and Lily regarding this arrangement. This is very dark, and there is particular emphasis on Snape struggling between light and dark, but moving towards the dark. I'm always rooting for Snape to snap out of the dark path he starts going on.

Heatherlly, GlacierValley and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyGlacierValleyKrystalNaagaRobaku90

Spoiler
"Look at him!" barked Severus, his strong fingers painfully digging into her jaw as he forced her to face James's body, "I want you to look at him while I fuck you. Look at that sorry excuse for a husband that failed to protect your child."

ETA: I'm hooked on this story, but the tense issues are driving me nuts. This person needs a beta reader.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Salazar have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalSalazar

From what I know, English is a second language, so that might be a contributing factor.

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

Makes sense. The writing is good for the most part, just issues with tense and the occasional odd preposition.

The Gestalt Prince has reacted to this post.
The Gestalt Prince

I'm on Chapter 8, and what Lily is feeling is exactly how I'm feeling. We both know we shouldn't be into it, but we are, and we're horrified by how much we like it. 😂

Spoiler
"And I give you my word, Lily, that if despite these precautions you ever manage to take your own life, I will torture and kill in your name one Muggle family for each day you force me to live without you."

Fuuuck…

The Gestalt Prince, GlacierValley and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyKrystalRobaku90

Oh yeah, the Snily ship sails all the way to Stockholm, Sweden on this one.

Heatherlly, GlacierValley and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyGlacierValleyKrystalRobaku90

I can already see that happening to some degree.

Question
As far as currently posted chapters… has she gotten pregnant yet?

Other than that, god, this story… it's equally painful and fascinating to read. Realistically, it should not have a happy ending. I'm doing my best to suspend disbelief, but yeah… I just don't see how either of them could come back from this and have a normal, functional relationship.

The Gestalt Prince, GlacierValley and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceGlacierValleyKrystal

Spoiler
I believe she suspects it, but if she is, she doesn't know if James or Severus is the father

The only possible happy ending I see of this is if Snape snaps out of it and forces Lily away from him in some way.

Heatherlly has reacted to this post.
Heatherlly

Oooh thanks for the rec! Reward is delicious in such a dark way, can't wait to see where it goes.

Spoiler
I think they might still be able to heal if Sev cut off his own arm and then they eloped far away to let Lily deal and Sev get himself together. I can't really see her urge to fight translate so directly to letting herself be abused though, Asshole Albus...

Heatherlly and The Gestalt Prince have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt Prince
Page 1 of 9Next