Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Adult Harry protected Snape's privacy

Scorpius, sees Snape's Patronus and is surprised that is Lily's Doe patronus. Scorpius of Cursed Child is familiar with the history of the wizarding world, knows how Harry, his friends, and Snape are active, and knows that Snape loves Lily... It seems like Harry kept the meaning of Snape's Doe patronus a secret. I think he's really considerate. Thinking about trash reporters like Rita Skeeter, I'm even more glad Harry didn't reveal it.

The unfortunate thing is that in the recently released Harry Potter mobile game, Snape's love for Lily and patronus information appear as history test questions. lol..

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

Unfortunately Snape's patronus wasn't kept private. Harry announced it in his final confrontation with Voldemort.

Snape’s Patronus was a doe,’ said Harry, ‘the same as my mother’s, because he loved her for nearly all of his life, from the time when they were children.

Poor Snape, actually he'd have been glad to have died before his greatest secret was revealed otherwise he'd have strangled Harry. 😹😹

As for why Scorpius didn't comment upon it, he didn't had enough time to think about it, and since he knew Snape loved Lily, he must've also understood context behind it, and in play format, his thoughts weren't announced for the audience to analyse.

So yeah, Snape's love for Lily and patronus information appearing as history test questions seem canon compliant.

And unfortunately, since Rita Skeeter must've also known it, she must have had a field day in her book "Severus Snape: Scoundrel or Saint".

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrincecometBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from Naaga on March 21, 2024, 9:59 am

Unfortunately Snape's patronus wasn't kept private. Harry announced it in his final confrontation with Voldemort.

Snape’s Patronus was a doe,’ said Harry, ‘the same as my mother’s, because he loved her for nearly all of his life, from the time when they were children.

Poor Snape, actually he'd have been glad to have died before his greatest secret was revealed otherwise he'd have strangled Harry. 😹😹

As for why Scorpius didn't comment upon it, he didn't had enough time to think about it, and since he knew Snape loved Lily, he must've also understood context behind it, and in play format, his thoughts weren't announced for the audience to analyse.

So yeah, Snape's love for Lily and patronus information appearing as history test questions seem canon compliant.

And unfortunately, since Rita Skeeter must've also known it, she must have had a field day in her book "Severus Snape: Scoundrel or Saint".

Ah, when Harry And Voldemort 1 VS 1 in the fight, I thought the rest of the information would be kept secret from the wizarding world except for those around Harry. That's what I thought when I saw Scorpio's reaction. know that He love Lily, but it was strange that didn't know Doe. It's a fact known in history, and if it's taught in class like a game... it's so romantic and impressive that it won't be easy to forget. Especially since the principal's name is my friend's name.

It was 1 vs 1 in private only in movies, in books they confronted each other in great hall with plenty of audience who reacted a lot whenever Harry shed truths and taunted Voldemort, that's why everything Harry told Voldemort went public and mobile game creators had right of situation to make it historic questions.

As for Cursed Child, it was a play and all the things can't be shown. Scorpius knew Snape's love for Lily and he also commented on doe.

Expecto Patronum! SNAPE sends forward a Patronus, and it’s a beautiful white shape of a doe.

SCORPIUS: A doe? Lily’s Patronus.

I've always seen Scorpius' reaction as astonishment, being mesmerized by doe, rather than puzzlement.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrincecometBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from Naaga on March 21, 2024, 10:33 am

It was 1 vs 1 in private only in movies, in books they confronted each other in great hall with plenty of audience who reacted a lot whenever Harry shed truths and taunted Voldemort, that's why everything Harry told Voldemort went public and mobile game creators had right of situation to make it historic questions.

As for Cursed Child, it was a play and all the things can't be shown. Scorpius knew Snape's love for Lily and he also commented on doe.

Expecto Patronum! SNAPE sends forward a Patronus, and it’s a beautiful white shape of a doe.

I've always seen Scorpius' reaction as astonishment, being mesmerized by doe, rather than puzzlement.

Oh, could it be a translation problem? In Korea, it is translated as “interrogative form.” It's a pity that I can't convey the unique nuances of the Korean language in English. It was translated as a feeling that scorpius asked a question because he didn't know it.

Scorpius- A doe? It's Lily's Patronus.

Severus-Isn’t it amazing? (ellipsis)

Seems like translation thing, or our interpretation may differ, it was play script and we don't know exactly what went inside Scorpius' mind in that moment. Following this is English script.

Expecto Patronum!
SNAPE sends forward a Patronus, and it’s a beautiful white shape of a doe.
SNAPE: Strange, isn’t it? What comes from within.
Dementors start to appear all around them. SNAPE knows what this means.
You need to run. I will keep them at bay for as long as I can.
SCORPIUS: Thank you for being my light in the darkness.
SNAPE looks at him, every inch a hero, he softly smiles.
SNAPE: Tell Albus — tell Albus Severus — I’m proud he carries my name. Now go. Go.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrincecometSalvyus