Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Alternative Houses for Harry Potter characters

PreviousPage 2 of 2

And building on @naaga 's point, Peter was 11 when he was Sorted. Based on who he eventually became, odds are a young Peter wasn't evil, but terrified of this new phase in life and seeking out the strong for protection, valuing the traits of those whom he deemed the strongest (Gryffindor) without possessing them.

Heatherlly, Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaaga

Well, that is Snape’s tragedy. Given his time over again he would not have become a Death Eater, but like many insecure, vulnerable people (like Wormtail) he craved membership of something big and powerful, something impressive.

Adding to above post, JKR herself said that both Snape and Peter joined DE for above reason, not because they were evil or had Slytherin traits.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Now next characters: famous Gryffindor characters

Album Dumbledore: Slytherin (manipulative mastermind, obviously)

Minerva McGonagall: Ravenclaw (hatstall)

Neville Longbottom: Hufflepuff (hatstall)

What do you think?

The Gestalt Prince and Krystal have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Those fit perfectly to me, but I would have Dumbledore in Slytherin for a different reason.

Dumbledore was very easily swayed over to Grindelwald's philosophy just after graduation, so it's possible he possessed a high degree of ambition and a prejudice towards Muggles before this meeting.

Krystal and Naaga have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaaga

Yeah, Dumbledore does possess a lot of Slytherin traits.

Ambition: As @thegestaltprince said, young Dumbledore was an ambitious fellow who in his youth wanted Wizard Supremacy and unite the hallows.

Resourcefulness: Definately, he utilised his resources well including Snape and didn't shy away from gambling his own life.

Cunning: The most defined trait. No need to explain it.

Determination: Willing to sacrifice his own life and others for the greater good and determination to see through the war's end.

Cleverness: Obviously.

Given that Dumbledore was Hogwarts's best student, was Head Boy, and was an accomplished potioneer via the twelve uses of dragon blood, I totally see these traits driving him

KrystalNaaga

accomplished potioneer via the twelve uses of dragon blood

I thought these came with his study as an alchemist, not a potioneer

I think it was potioneering. His relationship with alchemy is specifically due to his connections to Nicolas Flamel

KrystalNaaga

I tried searching and only got that Dumbledore discovered uses. It could be potioneering but I doubt it because he wasn't able to identify dragon blood when he took Harry to convince Slughorn for the post.

PreviousPage 2 of 2