Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Brainstorming, Plot Ideas, and Story Help

PreviousPage 10 of 20Next

The execution matters because even in canon, all it took for Snape to seek out Dumbledore was a threat to Lily's life.

Have him ignore the dreams at first, then consider it a crazy coincidence and over time he has to understand that there's more to those dreams. If his mother is still alive, have him contact her and ask her what she thinks as a hypothetical question or maybe his divination teacher.

Sev could later on send Dumbledore an anonymous letter, take polyjuice and seek out Dumbledore as a non-Slytherin student because he knows that the headmaster has no sympathy and understanding for Slytherins.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaNamesakesnakeSalvyus

Thank you! Those are great ideas!

I knew there had to be a better way to do this then to jump directly from oh I'm a seer to I need dumbledore's help.

Currently I do have it sort of like you said where he believed them to be nightmares but certain things keep sticking out to him. Only he keeps trying to rationalize it away. Then something from his dream happens in real life and he still thinks maybe it's a coincidence but he goes and searches the library and ultimately finds a book that explains visions. Not only does it explain visions but it gives examples of historical seers who had the gift. Among them is one of Severus ancestors that he had heard the name of before but had not known was a seer.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel

You could add smaller things. He has visions of inconsequential events but they all turn out to happen and that's when he gets a very strange gut feeling. Like for example he has a vision of something akin to a pop quiz and voila, the next lecture the professor announces a surprise test, a certain team losing a Quidditch match, etc

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaNamesakesnakeSalvyus

So as a point of reference, there's a sort of seer fic called Dreams of Future Past; while it's been a while since I've read it, I remember Snape being more reliant on Lily than on Dumbledore, but you could read it and see how it's handled there.

Heatherlly, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaNamesakesnakeDark AngelInterwovenMadness

I was thinking that someone else could contact Dumbledore in his stead. Does Snape trust anyone in the faculty enough to share something like this with them? Say he mentions it to Slughorn and Slughorn either convinces him to go to Dumbledore, or goes himself (it could even be behind Snape's back or something like that). I don't think Slughorn is the best example, but the person would depend on Severus' relationships in your story.

Or if he just keeps to himself... Maybe his research on visions attracts the librarian's attention and they mention it to the staff. Then Dumbledore can go and find out what's going on.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaNamesakesnakeDark Angel

I originally posted this in the What If topic, but this might be a better place to put it. This isn't something I'm personally working on, and the concept is up for grabs.

It's basically a Snape/Lily time-travel fic, but with a few features:

• They're born as their parents' siblings. Severus is born as Eileen's brother, and Lily is born as her father's sister.
    • They regain their memories slowly and over time.
  • They're born in Hagrid's year (so they get Sorted with Hagrid).
  • Their task is to prevent Voldemort's rise to power.
Heatherlly, Naaga and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelInterwovenMadnessJaySMSalvyus

Realized I posted this in the wrong spot.

What if Lily gets her hands on a voodoo doll and accidentally ends up with control over Severus? She’s initially opposed to the idea of control but after speaking with her housemates she alters things a smidge for the “greater good.” Instead of making things better for him, she ends up making it worse.

🖐👍👌

&

What if…

Voldemort downfall was his poor treatment of his supporters. The Death Eaters unionised and destroyed the horocruxes, poisoning Voldemort.

🖐👍👌

I would read that fanfic.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from JaySM on August 2, 2023, 6:09 pm

Realized I posted this in the wrong spot.

What if Lily gets her hands on a voodoo doll and accidentally ends up with control over Severus? She’s initially opposed to the idea of control but after speaking with her housemates she alters things a smidge for the “greater good.” Instead of making things better for him, she ends up making it worse.

&

What if…

Voldemort downfall was his poor treatment of his supporters. The Death Eaters unionised and destroyed the horocruxes, poisoning Voldemort.

I would read that fanfic.

I would read both, a toxic Lily sounds interesting.

And the second prompt reminds me of (don't kill me) The Lion King, what with how Scar's alliance with the Hyenas is so shaky from the very beginning; he wants Mufasa's pride and the hyenas want food. In the same manner Voldemort is a half-blood desperately trying to prove himself and his followers are all pureblood supremacists with a few exceptions here and there.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySMSalvyus

Hey guys, I got this nice idea cooked up, and it's up for grabs for anyone willing to write for it. Had some help from dear ol' ChatGPT for presentation. 😸

Well, well, well, look at Severus Snape, the master of second chances! After gazing into Lily's eyes one last time and facing his impending doom, fate decided to pull a fast one on him. Suddenly, he's spry and wound-free, back in time like some sort of wizarding time-travel soap opera.

Alarmed, he checks the Daily Prophet and what do you know? It's October 31st, 1981. Time for a little "Save Lily" mission, eh? Our man Snape goes all out, decked in pitch-black robes, a snazzy silver mask, and the ultimate invisibility cloak. He even knows the secret to getting into Godric's Hollow. Talk about having an edge!

Dark Lord shows up, Potter makes a brave (yet futile) attempt, and Snape can't help but roll his eyes. He makes his move, screams "Avada Kedavra," and bam, Dark Lord's toast. Lily's crying and thanking him, but of course, Potter's gotta swoop in for a dramatic kiss. Cue Snape's internal eye roll, part two.

Snape, trying to hold back his emotions like a boss, claims to be a Dumbledore pal on a secret mission. Then he's off, back to Hogwarts. Dumbledore gives him a pep talk, Snape's like "peace out," and off he goes, Snape-style.

Now, he's got this dark magic in mind, a memory-wiping trick. Last time, guilt got in the way, but now, Lily's safe. Snape seals a deal with the witch, gets his memories bottled up, and Lily's none the wiser. Snape sleeps like a baby.

Fast forward, Snape's a hero without a face, saves the day, tweaks history, and even pens a little note for Dumbledore, signing it "Your Friendly Neighborhood Severus." He's outta there, conscience clear, and ready for the next chapter. Let's see where this wild ride takes him!

The Gestalt Prince, Winter's Shade and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

@thegestaltprince is it really okay for me to use this idea cause I like this one.

Also can I suggest an idea that we can tag plot ideas for fanfiction with emojis that let ppl know that the ideas are for fair use for anyone or want to keep to the original maker.

Here are some of my suggestions on emojis let me know what you guys think.

Fair use emojis: 🖐👍👌

Want to keep emojis: ✊👎👇

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM
PreviousPage 10 of 20Next