Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Dzień dobry! / Hello!

Page 1 of 2Next

Hi! I'm very happy to be here with you!

My name is Marta, I live in Olsztyn, Poland. I work in the primary school office.

I started my adventure with fanfiction almost a year ago, completely by accident, you might say. It was an impulse. I saw an illustration of Severus holding Lily's hand on Facebook, I'm sure you know it. Stylized as "Portrait of the Arnolfini Marriage" (I have it on my phone wallpaper now, I love this work). I was very moved by it then. I thought: what if Severus had a relationship with Lily and he missed out on so many misfortunes... I don't like the Harry Potter series itself, but the character of Severus is completely different. He's one of the greatest heroes in literature, I love him! He is so underrated... 😪 Brave, modest, wise, ready to make sacrifices in the name of love. I am moved by his story. 😭

I once saw a comic book where a dying Severus lies on the floor of the Shrieking Shack and then wakes up to the sound of a red-haired child with black eyes ❤saying that his mother has already made pancakes. It was a few years ago, but I remember it like today. I was already thinking about how good it would be if his story had turned out differently... However, I didn't know that there was such a thing as an alternative reality. While that's actually a good thing, I would never have graduated if I had only read Snily day and night. 🤣

Coming back to the present: inspired by the illustration of Severus and Lily, I found Wattpad and FFN. At first I read Severitus, but I wasn't entirely satisfied with it. Fortunately, it turned out that there is also such a thing as Snily! And then I was lost.

I read some more valuable works in Polish (I will share the links with you, maybe someone will want to take a look), but then suddenly they were gone, and I don't know English (even now I use a translator). Then, again by accident, I discovered that the translator can translate entire screenshots, there is no need to copy the text! Sweet Jesus, this opened the door to heaven for me! Now I hunt every Snily, especially those with lots of lemons and little Snaps. 😍😍😍

I also wanted to mention that fanfiction brought me back to the world of literature. I graduated in Polish Philology and I already loved books very much, but then something so bad happened to me that it took away the light of my life, including the ability to focus on anything, especially reading. Snily gave me back something, for which I am extremely grateful to all authors. ❤ Sometimes these stories are poorly written, sometimes they are real gems that could easily be published on paper. But each one is created from the heart and the desire to share it with people. And that's what's beautiful about it all. I feel like a reader of 19th century newspapers, where great writers published episodes of their novels once a week (we also had this in Poland, although our country was not on the map then).

Best regards to all of you and I apologize for any mistakes - I'll blame it on the translator, but between you and me - it's a brilliant device! Thanks to him, I can be here with you. 🙂

PS I was afraid it wasn't normal: I'm 33 years old and crazy about Severus and stories about him. But thanks to you, I know that there are many more of us! Phew, a heart stone. 😃😍

PS 2 "Obscura nox animae" is, in my opinion, the best Snily story in the world (although Lily was there with James, which I hate 😔😔😔 - although it was perfectly woven in, I won't deny it), even now I have chapter 67 running in another window, I don't even know what time it is. 😀

PS 3 And I'm really sorry, I can't learn any foreign language, even though I've been struggling with it for years! 😭

Heatherlly, mmlf and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaTimeLadyJamieSalvyusSamUlaRedroses694

Hello/Cześć Marta! Fajnie że do nas dołączyłaś!

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusSam
Quote from Ula on March 7, 2024, 3:38 pm

Hello/Cześć Marta! Fajnie że do nas dołączyłaś!

Też się bardzo cieszę! 🤩🤩🤩

Heatherlly, mmlf and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSamUla

Welcome into the fold @robaku90. We are pleased to have you among us and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Please be sure to check out this awesome New Member Welcome Guide which contains all the useful information and links for our new members.

Anything you wanna ask pertaining to the website and other stuff, you can ask by PM our Professors and Headmistress or by making a post on this thread itself, we'd love to help you out.

mmlf, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfThe Gestalt PrinceRobaku90SalvyusSam

Cześć! This is a great introduction. Glad to see that fanfiction can help bring back and/or maintain some of the happiness you need in life! Out of interest, are you putting the entire text of English-language fanfiction through a Polish translator to read? I know it's off-topic, but if you want better ways of understanding English, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂 And have fun on the site!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusSam

Powitanie, @robaku90 ! Unfortunately one of the few Polish words I know, but I see you've mastered the art of using translators, so we'll hopefully be able to have lots of fun discussions together. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but something about your introduction was just really sweet. Glad to have you among us!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90Sam

Agreed, that was a sweet introduction! I also really appreciate you complementing my story – thank you!

I'm sorry we don't have other Polish speakers, but your translator seems to work really well. If there's anything else we can do to help you adjust and communicate, please don't hesitate to let us know! 💚

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaRobaku90SalvyusSam
Quote from mmlf on March 8, 2024, 11:02 am

Cześć! This is a great introduction. Glad to see that fanfiction can help bring back and/or maintain some of the happiness you need in life! Out of interest, are you putting the entire text of English-language fanfiction through a Polish translator to read? I know it's off-topic, but if you want better ways of understanding English, don't hesitate to ask. 🙂 And have fun on the site!

@mmlf

Hi! 😃

It's nice that you liked my show. 🤗 Fact: the world of fantasy can save the human soul. And turn the sun into a sky full of clouds.

Yes. I'm posting screenshots of entire chapters. That is: in pieces. A story pops up and sometimes I have to supplement it from the context of the statement, because sometimes funny things come out. 😃 Often, when Severus says that Lily is his, he translates it to me as "mine" (the translator does not distinguish "mine" from "mine"). 🤣 But you can practice English synonyms thanks to this. 😂 You know, a close-up scene, they are lying together, and here comes the text about the mine. 😂 Actually, in its own way, it's kind of digging... 🤪

Why off topic. Thank you for your willingness to help! I am very positively surprised by how friendly and helpful everyone is here! 😍

And thank you for "cześć". 😃 It is very nice!

Heatherlly, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaSalvyusSam
Quote from Salvyus on March 8, 2024, 12:33 pm

Powitanie, @robaku90 ! Unfortunately one of the few Polish words I know, but I see you've mastered the art of using translators, so we'll hopefully be able to have lots of fun discussions together. I can't pinpoint it exactly, but something about your introduction was just really sweet. Glad to have you among us!

@Salvyus

Hi! 😀

WOW! If you already know the word "welcome", that's a good start. 🙂

Someone once said (I thought it was Nikolai Gogol, but I guess it wasn't him) that the Polish language is like the hiss of a viper in the grass. Harry Potter could talk to snakes in Polish. 🤣🤣🤣 Some people say that the sound of the Polish language resembles a snowy, broken radio. There is something about it. 😃 That's why it's so good that there are translators! No normal person learns Polish. 🤣

I hope the translator reflects my thoughts well. And you can at least half understand me. It's wonderful what possibilities this offers!

I'm also counting on many discussions. It will take me some time to read all your posts, but I'm trying. 😃

Cute? It's nice that you think so. I wrote the truth, maybe that's why it seems right to the point. Human life is better than many books. That's why I understand Severus so well. You too.

I'm also very happy to be here with you!

Naaga, Salvyus and Sam have reacted to this post.
NaagaSalvyusSam
Quote from Heatherlly on March 8, 2024, 9:43 pm

Agreed, that was a sweet introduction! I also really appreciate you complementing my story – thank you!

I'm sorry we don't have other Polish speakers, but your translator seems to work really well. If there's anything else we can do to help you adjust and communicate, please don't hesitate to let us know! 💚

@Heatherlly

Hi!

It's really nice that you all appreciate it so much. Thank you once again!

I love your story! I spam it many times, sorry, it makes me very emotional every time!

I just can't forgive you (spoiler alert!) for Severus' magical vasectomy! 😔 But he wanted to behave responsibly, it suits him. That's just a side note.

It's a pity that there are so few users from Poland here. 😔 They don't know what they're missing! Fortunately, there is @Ula. ❤ She also agreed to help. 😍 It's only my fault that I can't learn English like 3/4 of humanity. 😭

As I wrote earlier, I hope the translator does a good job and you don't have to read any nonsense from me. 😃

Can you paste the link to choose the wand and patronus here? Ula mentioned it, and I also noticed something on the forum. I am not satisfied with the house allocation test. 🤣 But I got 60% Slytherin! Phew. Can you assign a house upon request? 😛 Although I'm not very clever nor do I have an aristocratic background. Maybe the sorting hat could turn a blind eye in my case? 😃 I would give a lot to be under Severus' care. 😍

Best regards and sorry for my whining!

Heatherlly, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaSalvyusSamUla
Page 1 of 2Next