Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

HP Weekly Discussion: Favoritism

PreviousPage 2 of 11Next
Quote from Krystal on June 28, 2023, 10:18 am
Quote from Naaga on June 28, 2023, 1:10 am

Today's discussion: Which of the Weasley siblings would you get on with the most (the twins are separate people)?

My answer may be a bit controversial, but I would have to say Percy.

I think Percy is one of the few Harry Potter characters who receives undeserved hate in the series. I am not going to debate his merits; I will simply explain why I can relate to him.

Percy is certainly intelligent, possesses some wit, is ambitious, and cares deeply about his duties. As a Ravenclaw like me, I would certainly get along with him the most out of his siblings.

We don't know much about Bill or Charlie, so they are both out of the race.

No twins allowed, they're too cruel and malicious for my liking.

Ron and Ginny seem fun and easygoing, and out of the Weasley siblings, I would get along with them. Percy seems like my top choice due to his similarities in personality traits.

Totally agree with you @kris

While I played Hogwarts Mystery, I really enjoyed interacting with Bill and I can imagine that he's a cool guy but canon doesn't show us very much of him.

Based on the Weasley sibling personalities I would definitely get along with someone who is more serious and quiet like Percy.

The twins can be funny and I like them most of the time but I don't see myself befriending pranksters and Ron and Ginny are Quidditch fans and I hate sports so we wouldn't have anything to talk about.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM

My choice of Weasley friend would be Ron.

I like Ron, he is my favourite character in Trio. He is entertaining, loyal, brave and has a good sense of humour therefore I would get along with him the most.

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySM

4. Today's discussion: What's one thing you would change about the Wizarding World?

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySM

I would change the Hogwarts House system and do away with it entirely. I hate the segregation of people and their characters based on houses; it leads to prejudice and discrimination, which are themes seen throughout the series.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySM

I wish to change the polity of Wizarding UK.

From what I understand of their political system, there is no democracy based on universal adult suffrage, political rights, parties, elected seats, proper judicial system and so on.

They operate with power of Wizengamot which holds both legislative and judicial powers. There is no concept of separation of powers.

I would change this system to a system similar to the UK's parliamentary system of government. I would remove system of hereditary seats and choose elected seats for Wizengamot. I would make Wizengamot only a legislative body and create a separate Central court holding all judicial powers and providing justice based on Rule of Law and Equality before the Law. I would create a parliamentary form of government where executives are chosen from political parties or coliation with the highest majority.

I would also get something like a Bill of Rights for all the magical citizens to protect them from tyranny of ministry. Executive de jure head would be British Monarch and de facto head would be Minister of Magic.

Democracy might not be panacea to all their problems but it'll be hell lot better than the outdated, tyrannical and corrupt system they have in current form.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamInterwovenMadnessJaySM

5. Today's discussion: What plot point in the series doesn't make sense to you?

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Grawp is fucking useless.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySM

I agree with @heatherlly.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaJaySM
Quote from Naaga on June 28, 2023, 1:10 am

Today's discussion: Which of the Weasley siblings would you get on with the most (the twins are separate people)?

I'm echoing @naaga - I think Ron would be similar enough to me that we'd get along really well.

He is laid-back and easygoing, making light even in darker situations. He is incredibly loyal to his friends when it matters.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
Quote from Naaga on June 29, 2023, 2:01 am

Today's discussion: What's one thing you would change about the Wizarding World?

Highlighting the importance of mental health issues and how abuse is (mis)handled, within the wizarding world.

I think we can all agree that many of our beloved characters would have benefited greatly from mental health services, such as basic therapy, to help them on the road to healing, and avoid problems that arise from a damaged childhood. Depression, anxiety, and PTSD could be treated/managed in a healthy way, but when they are neglected, the individual's behavior can become unhinged and far more prone to addiction and other unhealthy coping mechanisms.

Abuse is not taken seriously, even that of in-school bullying, which can greatly affect that person in adulthood when ignored and made for the victim to feel worthless and invalidated.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
PreviousPage 2 of 11Next