Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: What if HBO gave the fans a choice

Which one?
The Marauders
The House of Black
Voldemort
Hogwarts Founders
Always: Severus Snape
Hagrid's Magical Creatures
Minerva
Quidditch Amongst the Ages
Dumbledore: The Origins
Hp: The Cursed Child

Which series would you choose as a HP fan if HBO asked you?

plz vote and comment on why you picked them. I would love to hear your guys thoughts.

Naaga and JaySM have reacted to this post.
NaagaJaySM

Severus Snape is such an ambiguous character. I want to get the record straight in my head about what happened with him and Lily growing up. Not just that but his school and home life and what happened from his perspective while Harry was in school. It helps that it will also be fanfic fodder.

I really liked that this poll separated Severus from the Marauders. I often choose the Marauders Era in other polls because there is no option for Severus by himself. I know choosing anything with the Marauders will also give me a snippet of insight on Severus.

I think if they're going to choose an actor it should be one of those boys that played Severus the first time around in the movies. If they're too old then a new character would work too.

Heatherlly, Naaga and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaYampamTimeLadyJamieBitterBritSalvyus

I chose:

1. Always: Severus Snape, because I want a Snape centric series from his perspective on all the events, from pre Marauders era to his death.
  2. Hogwarts Founders, I'd love to see the era of Founders, how they met and founded Hogwarts.
  3. Dumbledore: The Origins, DH got me curious about backstory of Albus Dumbledore and although we have a rough outline, would love to see a whole story of Dumbledore from childhood to the headmaster/leader of Order we all know.
  4. HP: The Cursed Child, controversial opinion but I think it could be better than play and script if they expand and explain things and remove non-canon complaint parts, because I loved some of the characters like AlSev, Scorpius and alter! Snape and would love if series makers can salvage the series. Kudos, if they make it into a wholesome Next Generation series for more content in slice of life format.

Edit: Moved it in Harry Potter Polls sub-forum because it's a poll rather than discussion and edited title to replace Discussion with Poll.

Yampam, TimeLadyJamie and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
YampamTimeLadyJamieSalvyus
Quote from JaySM on January 31, 2024, 8:21 pm

Severus Snape is such an ambiguous character. I want to get the record straight in my head about what happened with him and Lily growing up. Not just that but his school and home life and what happened from his perspective while Harry was in school. It helps that it will also be fanfic fodder.

I really liked that this poll separated Severus from the Marauders. I often choose the Marauders Era in other polls because there is no option for Severus by himself. I know choosing anything with the Marauders will also give me a snippet of insight on Severus.

I think if they're going to choose an actor it should be one of those boys that played Severus the first time around in the movies. If they're too old then a new character would work too.

I agree with JaySm and chose both "Severus Snape" and "The Marauders" for the same reasons. I mostly want to know EVERYTHING from Snape's POV, but he's usually mixed together with the Marauders, so it is nice to see him on his own in this poll.

However, despite it all, the Marauders are sadly also an important part of his life (in the fact that they cause him more hurt and misery and I feel were a factor in not only losing his friendship with Lily, but also his journey to the dark), so that's why I felt to include them too.

Naaga, JaySM and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
NaagaJaySMSalvyus