Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Likely Muggle Jobs for Severus Snape

Poll: Likely Muggle Jobs for Severus Snape
Chemist
Pharmacist
Teacher
Police Officer
Spy
Headmaster
Other

Were Severus Snape exiled from the magical world, a Squib, or a Muggle, what kind of job do you think might suit him? This poll is not to be taken seriously, but I have tried to base the following Muggle jobs on their similarity to jobs within the magical world. By all means, provide reasons for the job selected!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

Chemist due to correlation with the Potions, his field of speciality. It might require him to study the periodic table, atom theory, general science and to familiarise himself with physical, inorganic and organic chemistry but after that, he would be master chemist in his own right.

I won't be surprised if he comes up with new and efficient methods for the reactions, find new catalysts and come up with new compounds and elements. His talent with potions will come in handy in this field.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

A very salient point, Krystal. Even in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, we can see that Potions relied on Golpalott's Third Law. I wonder whether that was taken from Sir Isaac Newton. Anyway, it's very easy to picture Severus Snape in a laboratory full of test tubes, vials, bottles, Bunsen burners, and plenty of books! Actually, I should have added some kind of bibliophile job as well!

Chose the 'Chemist' option for the reasons mentioned by @kris and only option correlated with his magical world job of Potions Master.

Another good option to consider would be a 'Secret Service Agent' like CIA, MI6 and RAW in the Other option.

Heatherlly, mmlf and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfThe Gestalt PrinceKrystal

Why would I require a Muggle job? Are you trying to imply that my magical skills are inadequate?