Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Which Muggle board game you'd bring to Hogwarts?

Which muggle board game you'd bring to Hogwarts?
Snake and ladders
Operation
Jumanji
Twister
Monopoly
Battleships
Cluedo
Uno
Jenga
Other
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Uno for sure. Include all of the different gameplays and watch the chaos and disagreements.

Would also do Chutes & Ladders, Sorry, Life...

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel
Quote from Dark Angel on July 29, 2023, 3:42 pm

There are 3 games that I would take with me: Jenga, Ludo (@naaga I can't believe you of all people didn't include that!) and...twister! I don't know if the last one really counts as a board game but it is a lot of fun! At least I enjoyed it as a kid.

Damn, I wanted to include Ludo and forgot at last moment, cheers for Ludo supremacy. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and Dark Angel have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel

I took the option 'Other' because all of them are so good that I don't want to miss anything.

Me being a muggleborn would gladly take them all to Hogwarts with a bag like Hermione's so those snobby pure-bloods could appreciate muggle games. And let's just be real, Muggle Board games > Wizarding board games.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

If Uno's in there does that mean Cards Against Humanity counts? 😂 Or Maybe Apples to Apples if we're going for age-appropriate

As I kid I really loved Life and Pictionary too

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelAlbaSalvyus
Quote from Namesakesnake on August 24, 2023, 6:03 am

If Uno's in there does that mean Cards Against Humanity counts? 😂 Or Maybe Apples to Apples if we're going for age-appropriate

As I kid I really loved Life and Pictionary too

Wasn't there a Harry Potter version of Cards Against Humanity? That'd be even more hilarious

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaNamesakesnakeDark Angel

Wasn't there a Harry Potter version of Cards Against Humanity? That'd be even more hilarious

Yeah I could see Hogwarts students playing it 😆 technically I would think it would have to be a wizard game but a wizards playing Cards Against Potter is a hilarious concept! If someone wrote a fanfic about it I'd read it 🙈 Can you imagine the reactions to the Harry Potter erotica card?

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from Krystal on August 24, 2023, 1:58 am

I took the option 'Other' because all of them are so good that I don't want to miss anything.

Me being a muggleborn would gladly take them all to Hogwarts with a bag like Hermione's so those snobby pure-bloods could appreciate muggle games. And let's just be real, Muggle Board games > Wizarding board games.

I wouldn't necessary say muggle board games are better, imagine having to go for a toilet break and when you return your chess pieces tell of your opponent's attempt to cheat 🤣 quite useful

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyus

My answer is Dungeons and Dragons, just so I can enchant/animate the rulebooks so they can act as the dungeon master, enchant the pieces to move and shapeshift to match the characters, enchant the board to change scenery, etc.

Krystal, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
KrystalNaagaDark AngelSalvyus
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on August 24, 2023, 1:47 pm

My answer is Dungeons and Dragons, just so I can enchant/animate the rulebooks so they can act as the dungeon master, enchant the pieces to move and shapeshift to match the characters, enchant the board to change scenery, etc.

I can see people buying a lot of enhanced muggle games. Smart muggleborn can make a good money with the business. 😹😹

If we think, wizard chess is basically an enhanced muggle chess, so enchanting idea has a lot of merit. 😸

And magic Dungeons and Dragons, awesome! 😸

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelSalvyus

I can see people buying a lot of enhanced muggle games. Smart muggleborn can make a good money with the business. 😹😹

I like how you think, you should have gone into business, I'm sure you'd have been successful!

Though I'm pretty sure this would break the Statute of Secrecy and you'd find yourself in front of the Wizengamot for a trial soon enough

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyus
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next