Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Which side wins in a Wizard VS Muggle War?

Which side wins in wizard vs muggle war?
Wizards
Muggles
Can't determine
Mutually Assured Destruction

In case there is a full blown war between wizards and muggles, which side wins?

Feel free to explain your chosen option.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark Angel

I might be in the minority, but I would have to go with wizards... but not in direct conflict.

The wizarding world doesn't win on the battlefield through conventional methods. If allowing all forms of magic, I could see the Imperius Curse turning Muggle forces on themselves, creating chaos throughout. Also, given anti-Muggle wards and Disillusionments, wizarding forces would always have a safety net to hide and regroup. Also, transfiguring Muggle weaponry into harmless objects could neutralize them before major firefights begin.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaDark Angel

I would say muggles. Wizards have sticks, we got nukes.

Sure they can instantly kill with an AK but they'd have to fire one by one but we can cause way more destruction with our technology.

And if they could overpower us, they would have done so by now instead of hiding behind the statute of secrecy

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

I went with muggles because:

• Muggles outnumber wizards by a huge amount.
  • There is a reason Statute of secrecy was implemented. It was implemented against muggles who were technologically far inferior than present counterparts, about 500 years before present.
  • As @darkangel said, nukes is an option but I don't think it may get that far.
  • Only way Wizard side may pull a stalemate or victory is if they handle the war as dictated by @thegestaltprince but since they are led by mostly self righteous Gryffindors, these options mightn't appeal to them.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's Shade

I think Wizard would win. Wizards shouldn't be underestimated just because they are outnumbered. Nukes are last option anyone would take and the fact that wizarding settlements often co-incide with muggles would mean muggles won't use it unless they want mutual Destruction.

Wizards can also use muggleborns and half-bloods as spies, polyjuice key officials and imperio the chain of command, hide with anti-muggle jinxs, have perfect camouflage in invisibility cloaks, can set dementors and other dark creatures upon muggles who have no answer for it and the measures suggested by @thegestaltprince.

Muggles are technologically superior true but wizards have likes of Barty Crouch SNR who can authorise unforgivables and dark magic against muggles in emergency.

So yes, Wizards can win the war.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Muggles have more sheer firepower, but Wizards easily have Muggles beat in terms of spying capabilities, psyop and the more underhanded sides of war. Ironically, Muggles, simply by being Muggles, aren't as vulnerable as Wizarding goverments to the Imperius, because they can't propagate Imperio chains. But otherwise, they have next to no defense to these sorts of tactics. So they'd have to depend on tech to sniff out shenanigans (depending on how the Imperius works, polygraphs might be genuinely useful). But most Wizards doesn't seem to know much of anything about how modern Muggle civilization works.

So I can't confidently say which side wins: it depends on how desperate each side gets and whether Muggles can get Wizarding sympathizers or vice versa.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

I can't even imagine a world where muggles win.

In fact, I believe even in the HP universe, muggles are tightly under the control of wizards, because any world where that is not the case makes no sense. Think about it, wizards have just witnessed a world war caused by Grindelwald that ended with NUKES.

If that doesn't scare the bejesus out of them, I don't know what will. I assume directly afterward, they would be controlling every aspect of the muggles military, especially things that pose a threat even to wizards. If they don't... then they're just asking for it, because sooner or later, the wizard world would be exposed, especially with the 21st century's technological advancements.

That isn't to mention that any conflict between wizards and muggles can be easily ended with the Imperius Curse that muggles are helpless against.

I hate that wizards are painted like idiots in the HP world, especially since muggles had already surpassed them in many fields (Communications...), but yeah, if we go with THAT version of the wizarding world, I don't have much hope for them.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's Shade