Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Severus and tattoos, yes or no?

Severus and tattoos: yes or no?
Yes
No

Il I woke up today with this thought: do you all think Severus had (besides the Dark Mark) tattoos on his skin? Something that symbolised something important to his life?
I don't want to say a Lily, because that would be too simplistic, but a drawing that also represented his inner strength and ability to rise up from the adversities of life.

For example, my tattoo is a lotus flower.

The lotus flower is a symbol of rebirth and life force and carries an important meaning: the ability to rise again from the adversities of earthly life.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelSlay

I don't think so, Snape could've considered tattoos too muggle and after Lily's death, he could've hated tattoos considering he was stuck with a permanent tattoo reminder of worst of him.

In a Post-War scenario, he might consider getting a tattoo over his old dark mark as a symbol of liberation in case he survived.

P.S: @giosnape this thread belongs in Snape Polls sub-forum because it contains poll, I've moved it there. Also edited title to include "Poll" in it.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeDark AngelGiorgiaBitterBrit

I would say no, he always covers up his body anyway so I don't even see the point of tattoos but after the Dark Mark, I highly doubt he would be interested in ever getting marked in any way again.

I would only say yes if the tattoo serves a magical purpose though, runes or something of the like that could give protection or increase ethe power of the wearer.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeGiorgiaBitterBrit

Nah. I think after the war he could have gotten something, if he was even into tats. Though the Dark Mark could have turned him off from putting anything else on his skin.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelGiorgiaBitterBrit

Definitely not.

As others have mentioned, he has the worst possible association with getting a design permanently etched into his skin. He also takes little to no interest in his appearance, which is a primary motivator for getting a tattoo.

Beyond that, there are significant cultural and generational differences to consider. Tattoos were far more uncommon even a few decades ago, and even in more recent times, they're much more popular among younger generations. While some Baby Boomers got them back in the day, it was usually tied to a specific, distinctly Muggle subculture – rock stars, bikers, convicts, etc. It was also considered low class, something that was often associated with poverty, drug use, and criminal behavior.

I don't know if Severus would've been aware of that stigma, but regardless, he didn't grow up in a world where everyone was running around getting tattoos. There's no evidence that regular tattoos were even a thing on the magical side, and it really didn't become popular for Muggles until the 90s.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelGiorgiaInterwovenMadnessJaySM