Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Severus on Vacation

Page 1 of 2Next

We all know Severus was in a dire need of a vacation since, well, since he left Hogwarts.

Having the whole Earth at your disposal, where would you send him and with whom?

I myself would have him travel to one of the East Frisian Islands in the North Sea. Norderney or Juist.

The atmosphere there is very laid-back and calm without being too snooty, and if he went with the Malfoys (Lucius & Narcissa), they'd make sure he would stay at one of the wellness hotels, eat proper meals (the fish prepared in some East Frisian restaurants is to-die-for), and enjoy lengthy walks along the dunes.

(Pic related. Taken six years ago on my trip to Juist.)Juist beach

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

Awesome topic. Thank you for posting!

I think most of us will be a bit biased depending on where we live and/or places we've traveled to ourselves. In my case, I'd love to send him to New Orleans for the rich culture, the amazing food, and the warm climate.

If New Orleans is too crowded for him, I'd love to send him somewhere more secluded with warm, sunny weather. One of the less populated Caribbean islands, perhaps? The Florida Keys are also lovely. 💚

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust CollectorWaldemar
Quote from Heatherlly on September 21, 2024, 11:36 pm

I think most of us will be a bit biased depending on where we live and/or places we've traveled to ourselves. In my case, I'd love to send him to New Orleans for the rich culture, the amazing food, and the warm climate.

That's exactly the thing.

Consider this post a poorly disguised celebration of everyone's favourite places, combined with the love of a certain Potions Master. <3

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar

I think it'd be hilarious if Snape went to Vegas and used Legilimency to help him become a poker god

Heatherlly, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyNaagaDust CollectorZombiePotter04Waldemar

Snape needs some tan, sitting around a beach and sipping drinks on Pacific islands!

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Dust Collector have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceDust Collector
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on September 22, 2024, 12:10 am

I think it'd be hilarious if Snape went to Vegas and used Legilimency to help him become a poker god

And MACUSA would get the wind of that (I bet they have their people stationed in Vegas), turning his vacation into a hijinks-filled roadtrip across the States. (Bonus points if he would end up befriending the MACUSA people, and after getting a slap on the wrist from the Congress, they'd all wind up getting hammered in some seedy Boston bar.)

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

I definitely can imagine him being a nature guy atop of the intellectually stimulating kind of vacation/activity. North Sea also is a bet there or maybe just generally this kind of “niche”, not typically huge touristically countries (like say, Lithuania or Iceland) but still having plenty of interesting things for a keen eye and relaxing for the lack of crowded or too “packed up” space.

Funnily enough, I’ve been lately wondering how’d he feel like in countries where the culture doesn’t insist (or even discourages) smalltalk, intrusiveness towards strangers and generally introverted population is much higher considering his rather reserved/introverted nature. Part of it was also why my mind initially went to Lithuania (which has the world’s and Europe’s highest count of introverts, along with respectfully Faroe Islands and Poland). As brought up before, I can definitely imagine him enjoying the secluded warmer places too, like Caribbean islands.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dust Collector have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust Collector
Quote from Waldemar on September 22, 2024, 11:18 pm

I definitely can imagine him being a nature guy atop of the intellectually stimulating kind of vacation/activity. North Sea also is a bet there or maybe just generally this kind of “niche”, not typically huge touristically countries (like say, Lithuania or Iceland) but still having plenty of interesting things for a keen eye and relaxing for the lack of crowded or too “packed up” space.

Funnily enough, I’ve been lately wondering how’d he feel like in countries where the culture doesn’t insist (or even discourages) smalltalk, intrusiveness towards strangers and generally introverted population is much higher considering his rather reserved/introverted nature. Part of it was also why my mind initially went to Lithuania (which has the world’s and Europe’s highest count of introverts, along with respectfully Faroe Islands and Poland). As brought up before, I can definitely imagine him enjoying the secluded warmer places too, like Caribbean islands.

I think the same goes for the Baltic Sea.

Last year I've visited Gdańsk, and though I didn't get to see the waterfront (I've spent too much time in the Solidarność museum and the Beksiński exhibition), I still got to see a lot of the city, and I really liked its vibe.

(I myself live pretty close to the borders of województwo dolnośląskie.)

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Waldemar have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaWaldemar

I think time period might also be important; is this right out of graduation, or is it any point between 1978 and 1998? Because some countries would be harder to travel to depending on if their politics overlapped with the local wizarding government

Naaga, Dust Collector and Waldemar have reacted to this post.
NaagaDust CollectorWaldemar
Quote from The Gestalt Prince on September 23, 2024, 12:29 am

I think time period might also be important; is this right out of graduation, or is it any point between 1978 and 1998? Because some countries would be harder to travel to depending on if their politics overlapped with the local wizarding government

Oooh, that's a great point!

I mean, even if he was a wizard, making a scene east of the Iron Curtain would most definitely have him noticed.

(Now I have to ponder whether or not the Iron Curtain would be a factor when it comes to the international wizarding relations.)

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Page 1 of 2Next