Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Severus Snape's Pokemon Team

Page 1 of 2Next

This thread is for sharing what you think is a good and complementing team for Snape. Everyone is welcome to post their own take or post ammendment to a member's team.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySM

Ok, here comes my take on his team.

1. Serperior

General: Male, Timid @ Leftovers

Type: Grass

Ability: Contrary

Moves: Leaf Storm, Hidden Power (Fire), Substitute, Glare

Reason: It was discussed between me and @thegestaltprince in another thread and I liked it. Represents Slytherin side with his serpentine apperance. Fun reason, it's first pre-evolution form is called Snivy. 😹😹

2. Corviknight

General: Male, Impish @ Rocky Helmet

Type: Flying/Steel

Ability: Mirror Armor

Moves: Brave Bird, Iron Head, Body Press, Roost

Gimmick: G-Max

Reason: Because he is from Corvus genus and we discussed how these creatures are fitting for Snape, hence my pick.

3. Roaring Moon

General: Male, Adamant @ Booster Energy

Type: Dragon/Dark

Ability: Protosynthesis

Moves: Dragon Claw, Crunch, Dragon Dance, Earthquake

Reason: I like Salamence as it fits Snape but wanted a more specific version. And found this awesome paradox form of it and can't resist putting it in his team.

4. Gallade

General: Male, Jolly @Galladite

Type: Psychic/Fighting

Ability: Sharpness

Moves: Psycho Cut, Sacred Sword, Leaf Blade, Swords Dance

Gimmick: Mega Gallade

Ability: Inner Focus

Reason: I wanted a Psychic type for Snape. Then I saw Gallade with perfect ability in Sharpness and running moveset meant to represent Sectumsempra and I liked it, so this one stays.

5. Salazzle

General: Female, Modest @Focus Sash

Type: Poison/Fire

Ability: Corrosion

Moves: Fire Blast, Sludge Wave, Toxic, Nasty Plot

Reason: Needed a Poison type to represent his Potions, then I saw this perfect representation in Salazzle, poison and fire are both used to brew poisons. This one is obviously a girl who packs quite a punch (and I don't want to be accused of sexism 😹😹).

6. Ninetales: Alola

General: Female, Bold @Light Clay

Type: Ice/Fairy

Ability: Snow Warning

Moves: Freeze Dry, Aurora Veil, Moonblast, Calm Mind

Reason: I needed someone to represent light side of Snape, what's better than a Ninetales which is called a Guardian Deity. Her moveset represents his protective side with Aurora Veil.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeDark AngelBitterBritJaySM

Oh, I can't believe I didn't think of Serperior. That was my starter in black and white and the only Pokemon I liked in that game.

I'm not familiar with most of the other but this Corviknight thingy is perfect and kinda cute as well.

I don't know about the Alolan version of Ninetales but I do remember from the anime that it's also incredibly loyal. Wasn't there an episode in the first season with the ghost of a ninetales waiting for its dead master to return for a century or so? That fits well with Snape's loyalty to Lily.

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeJaySM

The Alolan Ninetails does look like a Patronus, too.

I'm not familiar with the newer ones, but that Corviknight looks rad = a dark knight. Very fitting.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM

Yeah, Ninetales looks and works well as representation of a patronus.

Corviknight is indeed very fitting and I'm glad everyone liked it. 😸

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM

This Corviknight seems... just perfect! I'm not familiar with most of the Pokémon post-Diamond & Pearl series, but this new Ninetales looks more elegant and mythical.

SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaWinter's ShadeDark AngelJaySM

I... I'd like to contribute my idea ;w; Excuse the lack of technicality, despite being a fan of the Pokemon franchise since 1998 I suck at battling, abilities and all that :'V My picks are mostly about Seve personality (or how I understand him, that is)

https://i.servimg.com/u/f25/18/83/42/84/screen10.png

Well, I agree in giving him Serperior and Corviknight with what has been stated already by you fellow users!

Noivern (flying/dragon): This is because some see bat-like characteristics on Severus (I didn't till I came back to the HP Fandom and read things around) and I headcanon his wand having dragon heart fiber core. So a dragon-bat thing does the trick! A Pokemon that represents his wand basically.

Golisopod (bug/water): Menacing looking but very peaceful pokemon at heart. Strong and sturdy, they avoiding fighting but you'll be in problems if you decide to attack one. The hand like appendages can cut anything with a clean cut. I forgot that "Sectumsempra" is a spell created by Severus (or is speculated :V) and is something about cutting off things AND his signature spell. For what I remember, Seve holds his spells dear to him so having a Pokemon that can do the same would mean a lot to him.

Hisuian Typhlosion (fire/ghost): A calm pokemon that usually states into the nothing, but is actually analysing vital energy and the spirits around (Fitting for the Occlumency Seve uses perhaps?) Also, is said the fire of this pokemon can purify souls and spirits. A bit farfetched but is like this guy could be a good companion for someone that wants redemption, and Severus needs someone patient with him.

Galarian Slowking (poison/phychic): Psychic Pokemon usually get along with intelligent people. The case of this pokemon is that the Sheller that bites its head releases huge amounts of potion on Slowking, and the toxins are the ones that spike the psychic powers to high levels. Galarian Slowking is also based on wizards rather than royalty, and they are good making spells and talk to each other in that way (Humans don't understand them but somehow know those are spells). I bet Severus would teach his Slowking to speak (Like the one in the Pokemon movie with Lugia) OR be able to understand it somehow and get more rad spells. ((I personally don't like the design and was about to give him a regular Slowking but reading the description in detail of both, Galarian one fits way better))

Bonus! I am a big fan of the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games (A shame they stopped producing them). In these games you answered a quiz and you got transformed into a Pokemon (or pick freely on the last game :V) and they usually give the starters of each region plus extras like Pikachu and Riolu. So, pretending the games are still a thing and following this, I'm giving Severus a pokesona, and I think a good fit would be...

Meowscarada

Meowscarada (grass/dark). This pokemon is a magician rather than a wizard, but that was what Severus did, used tricks and "masks" to hide his intentions and real goals, that is present too in the dark type as it has never been used as an evil thing. Gamblers usually are the trainers that use this type, is about lies and cheating/hoaxing, stuff he had to do as double agent. I think something we tent to forget about him is his somewhat theatrical motions (or is what that fanon and I'm just forgetting things?) I remember him being a bit sassy as sarcastic, and this cat looks like that. This is from the Spanish wikidex: "Meowscarada is proud and cocky, but also sensitive. It has a strong bond with its trainer and, due to its jealous nature, gets angry when another Pokémon steals its attention", to me sounds a bit like Young!Severus. Plus, the grass theme goes as many plants are used in potions, grass types can learn poison attacks too.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM

@albiuxgeek, I like your take on Snape's team. I loved mystery dungeon games particularly Explorers of Sky so I can get behind Snape becoming Meowscarada in mystery dungeon games.

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalJaySMAlba

In a perfect world where anything is possible and moves and energies don’t apply, I think this would be the best team. Severus is a Master of mind arts so I think he would prefer his Pokémon to have the same ability so he could communicate with them telepathically via battle leaving the opponent unable to gauge the next move.

Lugia -Psychic/Flying

Mewtwo -Psychic/Fighting

Victini -Psychic/Fire

Hoopa -Psychic/Dark/Ghost

Necrozma -Psychic/Steel

Mega Latias-Dragon/Psychic

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaWinter's ShadeDark Angel

That's actually an interesting take! Legilimency and Psychic Pokemon make so much sense. Though, given the team is full of legendaries, Snape would have a really hard time collecting them

The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaJaySM
Page 1 of 2Next