Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Severus Snape's Wand

Page 1 of 2Next

We don't know about the canon wand of Severus Snape since JKR never disclosed that information despite knowing it.

What do you think about his canon wand with respect to it's length, wand wood, core and flexibility?

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalDark AngelJaySMSalvyus

I have his wand wood as pine, which has the following description on the Wizarding World website:

The straight-grained pine wand always chooses an independent, individual master who may be perceived as a loner, intriguing and perhaps mysterious. Pine wands enjoy being used creatively, and unlike some others, will adapt unprotestingly to new methods and spells. Many wandmakers insist that pine wands are able to detect, and perform best for, owners who are destined for long lives, and I can confirm this in as much as I have never personally known the master of a pine wand to die young. The pine wand is one of those that is most sensitive to non-verbal magic.

Aside from the age element, I think this fits him very well.

Heatherlly, Krystal and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04

I headcanon Ebony wood for his wand wood.

Ebony

This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Dragon heartstring core, unyielding flexibility and any length between 11 to 13 inch.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalMotanul NegruDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04
Quote from Naaga on May 15, 2023, 2:19 am

Ebony

This jet-black wand wood has an impressive appearance and reputation, being highly suited to all manner of combative magic, and to Transfiguration. Ebony is happiest in the hand of those with the courage to be themselves. Frequently non-conformist, highly individual or comfortable with the status of outsider, ebony wand owners have been found both among the ranks of the Order of the Phoenix and among the Death Eaters. In my experience the ebony wand’s perfect match is one who will hold fast to his or her beliefs, no matter what the external pressure, and will not be swayed lightly from their purpose.

Dragon heartstring core, unyielding flexibility and any length between 11 to 13 inch.

I headcanon this, too.

And I also headcanon that his core is unicorn hair, and I like the imagery that he is dark externally, but light in his core.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieDark Angel
Quote from SanctuaryAngel on June 5, 2023, 8:35 am
Quote from Naaga on May 15, 2023, 2:19 am

Ebony

I headcanon this, too.

And I also headcanon that his core is unicorn hair, and I like the imagery that he is dark externally, but light in his core.

Ohhhhh, yes! I absolutely agree with this too! The description of Ebony just fits who he is so perfectly, along with having a Unicorn hair as the core because while Severus may come off a certain way towards people, at his core, he is a good person. <3

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 5 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04

Trapped in the Attic

Did JK Rowling come out of her attic? I think she’s trapped in there.

I think he would have the loyalty of Acacia wood with a darker finish. He would have some flexibility for his flexible nature as spy and being placed in rough spots. Not to flexible but bendy. He practices dark arts so I don’t think unicorn will be a good fit for him because that particular core is not a fan of it. Dragon heart string would be expected but just like the lifestyle he chose and his adaptability, I think he would be Phoenix Core.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusZombiePotter04
Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 12:49 pm

Trapped in the Attic

I think he would have the loyalty of Acacia wood with a darker finish. He would have some flexibility for his flexible nature as spy and being placed in rough spots. Not to flexible but bendy. He practices dark arts so I don’t think unicorn will be a good fit for him because that particular core is not a fan of it. Dragon heart string would be expected but just like the lifestyle he chose and his adaptability, I think he would be Phoenix Core.

Where did I saw that wand description before, wait.. your own wand @jaysm 🤣😹

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04
Quote from Naaga on August 10, 2023, 12:55 pm

Trapped in the Attic

What a Slytherin way to react. 🤣

Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 12:57 pm

Trapped in the Attic

A Slytherin would at least change something.. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelJaySMZombiePotter04
Quote from Naaga on August 10, 2023, 1:02 pm
Quote from JaySM on August 10, 2023, 12:57 pm

Trapped in the Attic

A Slytherin would at least change something.. 😹😹

I didn’t include the length. It could have been anyone’s wand really.

Page 1 of 2Next