Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Poll: Severus's Worst and/or Least Favorite Subject (Core Classes)

What was Severus's Worst and/or Least Favorite Subject (Core Classes)?
Astronomy
Charms
Defense Against the Dark Arts
Herbology
History of Magic
Potions
Transfiguration
PreviousPage 2 of 2
Quote from Naaga on March 1, 2023, 1:25 pm

@heatherlly, Snape was completely in control in the duel and was able to duel with her and Fliteick simultaneously while holding back a lot. I would have loved seeing Snape cut loose for once and demonstrate extent of his full power.

Oh, god yes. I wish there had been just one scene in the movies (and especially the books) where we got to see him fight a real enemy without any need for restraint.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaTimeLadyJamieCharlotteRhea

Bumped poll for the new members' votes, let us know what you think. 😸

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Salvyus have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceSalvyus

I don't think Snape would hate astronomy. John Nettleship, the teacher who became Snape's motif, majored in chemistry and astronomy.

history < I thought Snape would hate it when he was a student because class was boring because of the ghost professor.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritSalvyus
Quote from Heatherlly on February 14, 2023, 2:32 am

I'm also going to go with Astronomy, for the same reason I chose Divination in the other thread. Neither of these subjects have much practical use, which (to me) seems like it would be Severus's first priority. The spells he invented are a perfect example of this mindset, as all of them were distinctly utilitarian.

That said, I like the idea of him struggling with Transfiguration. I think he would've mastered it later on due to how useful it is, but as a student? Some of the lessons do seem silly/useless (e.g. turning mice into teacups and similar things). I can see him losing patience with that, even if it was a necessary step toward more complex/meaningful applications.

Yeah, I'd totally say that Astronomy and Divination are his worst/least favorite subjects for these reasons too! <3

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagacometUla
PreviousPage 2 of 2