Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Snape Fanfic Recommendations (Severitus)

Here's a topic where people can post their recommendations for fanfics featuring Snape as either Harry's father or guardian.

SanctuaryAngel, Krystal and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelKrystalNaagaDark AngelRobaku90

O Mine Enemy

Summary:

When Harry finds an injured Snape on his doorstep and must hide him from the Dursleys, he has no idea that this very, very bad day will be the start of something good.

Harry and Snape are thrown together by annoying relatives, a series of strange dreams, and Voldemort's latest hunt for Harry, but their greatest challenge may well be surviving each other. This will be a long summer unless the two can find a way to work together. A slow-burn enemy-to-mentor story.

Alternate 6th summer (and part of the school year): post-OotP; ignores HBP and DH. No slash, no romance. NOW COMPLETE!

SanctuaryAngel, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
SanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamMotanul NegruDark Angel

Whatever It Takes

Summary:

Taking place directly after the Battle of Hogwarts Harry is trying to deal with his trauma from the course of the events of the war and struggles to confront it, along with trying to manage his grief. Snape survived but disappeared in shame and remorse after the battle. Harry finds him, and they both discover that they have more in common now more than ever - Both are struggling with their sense of self and purpose. But stray Death Eaters from the battle are re-grouping for a final stand to take out the great Harry Potter, and their traitor, and Harry and Snape must put aside their differences to end the fight once and for all, whilst also dealing with Snape's illness along the way. No slash. Explores darker themes of grief, self-blame, PTSD, depression, and suicidal ideation.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalYampamDark Angel
Quote from Naaga on May 26, 2023, 12:19 pm

Whatever It Takes

Summary:

Taking place directly after the Battle of Hogwarts Harry is trying to deal with his trauma from the course of the events of the war and struggles to confront it, along with trying to manage his grief. Snape survived but disappeared in shame and remorse after the battle. Harry finds him, and they both discover that they have more in common now more than ever - Both are struggling with their sense of self and purpose. But stray Death Eaters from the battle are re-grouping for a final stand to take out the great Harry Potter, and their traitor, and Harry and Snape must put aside their differences to end the fight once and for all, whilst also dealing with Snape's illness along the way. No slash. Explores darker themes of grief, self-blame, PTSD, depression, and suicidal ideation.

Thank you so much!!! *cries*

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

One for Sorrow, Two for Mirth

It hasn't been updated for a year and the author is busy with her original work and other fanfic, but maybe she'll return to it.

Severus Snape isn't a good man, but he promised Lily Potter he would protect her daughter, and he will do whatever it takes to keep his word.

The Climb

Definitely one of my favorite Severitus fics. The problem with this trope is that Snape often turns into a softie but I like him as the sarcastic asshole he is, not as the best dad ever.

"...in the event that I, Lily Evans Potter, and my husband, James Potter, become deceased," read Albus, "I do hereby name Severus Snape as sole legal custodian of my son, Harry James Potter, until such a time as he comes of age." He folded his glasses on the table.

"Fuck," said Severus, with feeling.

Aim & Ignite

There really aren't enough Severitus fics with a female Harry and Snape has a wonderfully horrible start into parenthood. He can't even get himself to say the girl's name at first and settles with calling her 'Lily-thing'

"I know about Lily." said the girl. "That you loved her."

Severus froze mid-footfall. He felt as though he’d had the wind knocked out of him.

"She's my mum." her chin lifted, her eyes clear. "She wrote me that letter to tell me about you. You're the only person she really mentioned, but I guess that makes sense, since you're my father. Who else was she supposed to talk about?"

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaaga

To Shape and Change

https://archiveofourown.org/works/27949292/chapters/68449955

Summary: AU. Time Travel. Snape goes back in time, holding the knowledge of what is to come if he fails. No longer holding a grudge, he seeks to shape Harry into the greatest wizard of all time, starting on the day Hagrid took Harry to Diagon Alley.

Heatherlly, SanctuaryAngel and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllySanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaDark Angel

Guardian Devil

knubpin

So, not the usual Severitus fic where Snape turns into the best father figure ever for no apparent reason.

By the time I got to the end, I was pretty sure Snape must be insane. I kept guessing what exactly is going on and my predictions were quite off.

Snape has Obliviated Harry of all his memories since leaving the Dursleys. Yet as Harry tries to figure out what's going on, Snape's behavior grows increasingly violent and insane. In desperation, Harry considers murdering him in self-defense. ... But when his memories begin to return, showing the attentive and caring guardian Snape used to be, Harry struggles to deliver the killing blow.

The Gestalt Prince, Krystal and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceKrystalNaagaSalvyus

Unsaid

Dianaartemis16

Not a Severitus in the sense that Snape is Harry's biological parent. It's a heartwarming story and a quick read fitting for this time of year. I was going to post an actual Christmas story but alas, the author has taken down the fic.

"Perhaps a man who wants to redeem himself in the memory of the mother would, in turn, give comfort to a child." Dumbledore grinned at the other man's unbidden expression of shock. "But when said like that, it hardly encompasses the depth of emotion when I see you have cradled Harry Potter to sleep after a nightmare." Severus scowled. "I was not cradling him."

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Quote from Dark Angel on June 3, 2023, 11:28 am

One for Sorrow, Two for Mirth

It hasn't been updated for a year and the author is busy with her original work and other fanfic, but maybe she'll return to it.

Severus Snape isn't a good man, but he promised Lily Potter he would protect her daughter, and he will do whatever it takes to keep his word.

The Climb

Definitely one of my favorite Severitus fics. The problem with this trope is that Snape often turns into a softie but I like him as the sarcastic asshole he is, not as the best dad ever.

"...in the event that I, Lily Evans Potter, and my husband, James Potter, become deceased," read Albus, "I do hereby name Severus Snape as sole legal custodian of my son, Harry James Potter, until such a time as he comes of age." He folded his glasses on the table.

"Fuck," said Severus, with feeling.

Aim & Ignite

There really aren't enough Severitus fics with a female Harry and Snape has a wonderfully horrible start into parenthood. He can't even get himself to say the girl's name at first and settles with calling her 'Lily-thing'

"I know about Lily." said the girl. "That you loved her."

Severus froze mid-footfall. He felt as though he’d had the wind knocked out of him.

"She's my mum." her chin lifted, her eyes clear. "She wrote me that letter to tell me about you. You're the only person she really mentioned, but I guess that makes sense, since you're my father. Who else was she supposed to talk about?"

The creator of "Aim..." also wrote this:

https://archiveofourown.org/works/49064116/chapters/123782839

That's so sweet! This is Snily! I recommend to everyone!
Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and ZombiePotter04 have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceZombiePotter04