Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Always Snape Holiday Thread (2023)

Page 1 of 2Next

I didn't have time to plan a holiday event this year, though that doesn't mean we can't celebrate in a more casual/informal way. With that in mind, I'll be posting various holiday related prompts in this thread… feel free to respond at your leisure!

Note: These will be discussion prompts, not writing prompts, which means that anyone can participate. That said, writers are welcome to use them for drabbles or stories if they feel so inspired.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

Prompt #1

You have the option of giving Severus ONE gift of your choosing. The only rule is that it has to be a physical item (i.e. no gifting him extra magical powers, true love, eternal happiness, etc). What would you give him and why? Would you bestow this gift on him as a child, teenager, or as an adult?

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyusSam

Depending on which Severus we are talking about, I would gift child or teenage Severus some high quality clothes so he doesn't have to roam in his parents' old rags or underwear that needs to he burned.

I definitely would not let him know where the stuff came from though.

Adult Severus... a good book or expensive wine (or whatever he likes to drink or eat). If he has a sweet tooth, I'd bake him a box of cookies.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritSalvyusSam

For child Snape: I'd gift him the Harry Potter series, so that he'd eventually love the books and comes to know what to do and what not to do. He'd find the experience enlightening.

For Teenage Snape: I'd gift him "The Prince" by Niccolo Machiavelli. He'd learn the principles of success from the book named after his maternal ancestry and apply the learnt principles to succeed.

For adult Snape: I'd visit his house one day, give him a hug, thanking him for all his does and being strong, how he's my favourite and... get the hell out of his house before he kills me. 😹😹

The Gestalt Prince, Dark Angel and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDark AngelSalvyusSam

@naaga ah our presents look quite different, I go for more everyday practical stuff but your presents have more depth...though I don't know how that hug will go. I think you'll be hexed into the New Year 😅

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 3 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyusSam
Quote from Dark Angel on December 22, 2023, 11:43 am

though I don't know how that hug will go. I think you'll be hexed into the New Year 😅

That's why I ran the hell outta his house after the hug. 😹😹

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceSalvyusSam

I would do the greatest thing ever.

For child Severus (Before his eleventh birthday): I would gift him my meticulously written notes on whom to avoid and be careful about, along with some newer clothing as Dark Angel previously mentioned. That should be enough for him.

For teen Severus (During 3rd to 5th year): The Anarchist Cookbook, and various other bits and bobs. And a strongly worded warning about who his real friend is, he himself alone. Would also try to change his mind about a few things, that I won't mention here. He might disagree but, I can be subtle when I want to be.

For adult Severus (Before his tenure with Dumbledic-ore): Give him a few choice words and tell him a bit about simping and what not, along with key information about future events and that he doesn't need redemption but to rather move on and live for himself and be selfish rather than selfless. He might hex me or something, but it would be worth it.

For adult Severus (After his dubious tenure and pointless suffering as a double spy, but before being confronted by the snek): Can't really do much for him at that point but maybe give him some company and talk about things if he's in the mood to listen and be an armchair psychologist for him, depending on if he doesn't just fry my brain with Obliviate first. Point out the flaws of the plan of the great Dumbledic-ore and just wish him luck. Also, that he should be wary of the pet snek of Voldieboy and maybe just have a backup plan because he deserves happiness. The choices that led him here weren't entirely his fault and that he should stop blaming himself.

Well, all that aside. If I were in a position to give him gifts, that means I would be in the H.P world for however long it takes. Depending on where exactly I end up in the timeline, I would be altering a few key events. Maybe assassinate a few people here and there with my dad's service revolver before trying to get back to our world.

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

Prompt #2

Do you think Christmas is Snape's favorite holiday? If not, which holiday do you think he likes best (or hates the least)?

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 2 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSalvyus

I can't really imagine Snape as a holiday person  but maybe I'm just projecting my own grouchy, introverted personality onto him.

I remember a quest from the Hogwarts Mystery game where he says he likes watching it snow but didn't mention any celebrations he enjoyed. I don't think he would be the kind to decorate a tree for Christmas and without a family I don't even see the point but I guess he would enjoy the company of his colleagues at Hogwarts.

Given how he is practically still in mourning because of Lily's death, I think any celebration would remind him of how, at some point, he spent it with Lily so there wouldn't be much joy in it.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaSalvyus

I second @darkangel , I don't see Snape enjoying social gatherings, especially festive ones. With that in mind, he might celebrate something like Remembrance Day to honour Lily's sacrifice. I also imagine him having some personal ritual for Halloween. Not sure if these count as "favourite holidays"...

Now, this might be a bit OOC, but I headcanon he's not as opposed to April Fools as one would think, and has internal conflicts every time he witnesses a prank. On one hand, he wants to punish students for misbehaving/attack staff members verbally for being childish. On the other hand, he's privately amused by what they come up with.

HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark Angel
Page 1 of 2Next