Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

The Fundraising Thread

Page 1 of 3Next

We recently upgraded our server, which means that keeping the site up and running has gotten more expensive. I don't want to clutter the site up with ads or sponsored products, so the only alternative is to ask for donations.

THINGS TO KNOW

• Donations are 100% optional. We will never charge anyone to use this site, nor will we spam members or pressure them to donate. If you cannot afford it or are unable to donate for any other reason, we completely understand.
  • Any amount is helpful (and appreciated). Even a dollar or two makes a difference, so please don't feel bad if that's all you can give.
  • Every member who donates will receive a special "Supporter" badge. These badges are permanent, regardless of how often you donate.

We're currently set up to accept donations via PayPal, though please let us know if you'd prefer another option. You don't need a PayPal account to make a donation, and donations can be one-time only or monthly recurring. The donation button can be found in the right sidebar… you can also access it here:

Please let us know in this thread (or via PM if you have any questions/concerns. Thank you! 💚

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelSlayGiorgiaJaySMRemus Lupin

I have made a small donation ❤️

Heatherlly, mmlf and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySMRemus Lupin

@giosnape, Thank you for your donation. Your generosity means everything to us and to the community we serve. 🙏

Heatherlly, mmlf and 6 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceDark AngelGiorgiaJaySMRemus Lupin
Quote from Naaga on July 17, 2023, 9:37 am

@giosnape, Thank you for your donation. Your generosity means everything to us and to the community we serve. 🙏

A little help for this beautiful place ❤️

Heatherlly, mmlf and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
HeatherllymmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelJaySMRobaku90Remus Lupin

If your name starts with a B and you donated earlier, please PM me if you'd like a supporter badge. 💚

Thanks so much to everyone who has donated! It really does make a world of difference.

mmlf, SanctuaryAngel and 7 other users have reacted to this post.
mmlfSanctuaryAngelThe Gestalt PrinceNaagaDark AngelGiorgiaBitterBritJaySMRemus Lupin

I just wanted to thank @jaysm for the generous donation he made in honor of Severus's birthday. 💚💚💚

If anyone else would like to donate, you may do so through the button on the sidebar (scroll down on mobile) or contact me directly if you prefer a method other than PayPal.

Everyone who donates will receive my eternal gratitude, Severus's grudging appreciation, and a special supporter badge.

Thanks again to Jay, as well as anyone else who's donated in the past. Y'all truly are the best!

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and 4 other users have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaBitterBritJaySMSalvyusRemus Lupin

Received a donation tonight (thank you!), but I don't know who sent it. If it was you, can you please comment here or send me a PM so I can give you your supporter badge?

The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaaga
Quote from Heatherlly on June 15, 2024, 2:54 am

Received a donation tonight (thank you!), but I don't know who sent it. If it was you, can you please comment here or send me a PM so I can give you your supporter badge?

Ah yes, sorry about that. It was me. I like it here, so I thought I'd sent some money your way.

Heatherlly, The Gestalt Prince and Naaga have reacted to this post.
HeatherllyThe Gestalt PrinceNaaga

No need to apologize! Thank you again for your generosity. ❤

The Gestalt Prince, Naaga and Dust Collector have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceNaagaDust Collector

Hey all!

I'm in a tight spot right now, financially speaking. My previous work position was eliminated at the end of May, and I've been dealing with unexpected expenses while in the process of transitioning to a new company.

What does this mean for the site?

We have two options. We either need to raise enough to cover our current expenses for 2-3 months, or I'll need to downgrade to a cheaper hosting plan.

How much do we need to raise?

$150 would get us through the next 3 months, giving me more than enough time to get back on my feet. Even if we can just do 2 months, though ($100), that would make a huge difference.

Why don't you just downgrade the hosting?

A cheaper hosting plan means less resources, more downtime, and a slower website. I'd rather not do that unless we have no other choice.

How do I donate?

We have a donation button on the right sidebar as well as in the first post of this thread Donations are processed via PayPal, though please let me know you prefer your option. Also, make sure to contact me if yours is a first-time donation so I can give you your special Supporter badge. 🙂

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Whether you donate or not, please know that I appreciate each and every one of you. You're the reason I'm determined to keep Always Snape up and running… this really is a lovely little community. 💚💚💚

The Gestalt Prince and Dust Collector have reacted to this post.
The Gestalt PrinceDust Collector
Page 1 of 3Next